X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robynl
    nubee
    • Mar 2006

Zenith DVD Player Won't Play Disk

I have a Zenith XBV343 DVD/VCR player. I've owned it for about 2 years now, and up until recently it's worked flawlessly. Recently, the DVD player stopped mounting DVD movies for playback. All of the movies that I've tried are commercial, so I don't think it's a DVD compatibility problem. What's weird is that if I turn the player upside down, the DVD will mount and play properly. Once the DVD has initialized, I can turn the player right side up, and it will continue to play just fine. In fact, I can stop the movie, shut off the player, start the movie multiple times and it works fine. As soon as I eject the current disk, I have to follow the same upside down procedure with a new disk.

As you might imagine, this is a frustrating problem. Does anybody happen to know why this player now operates in this fashion, and more importantly, what can I do to fix it? I purchased a DVD head cleaner (which actually mounted just fine right-side up), but that didn't fix the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

One last tidbit, I also have a PSPII that operates in the same weird fashion. Do I live in some sort of different time-space and it's affecting my DVD players?

Frustrated . . .
  • Experi-Mentor
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2004

welcome to the forum

upside-down huh ?

sounds like the dvd player has some damage or has gone faulty over time.
    from what you've stated, the laser alignment seems is out &/or the mechanics have been damaged (this is my guess). or, it could be something simple as some screws have come lose from the assembly.

time to take it to a repair store (or claim warranty if you still have it) & get them to look at it.

Comment

Working...