netflix????

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark Wall
    • Mar 2006

I got a year of Netflix from my brother for Chistmas. Good gift. So far I've been pretty happy with the service and the choices available. No Clone High, but you can't have everything. They haven't really begun to address the hi def future.

My thoughts are, once we start getting everything in hi def I think it's going to really change the face of Hollywood. Literally. Even athletes will be getting Thermage before the big game in case they're interviewed. Maybe it'll be like the old days when stars would have their own personal camera person for those headshots, just to make sure the hi def isn't too realistic. But back to the point, which is that netflix is pretty good for the moment.

Comment

• MikeyBK
      Digital Video Maniac
      • Feb 2006

I would have to say that if Netflix always came thru for me on the new releases like they used to in the beginning several months of my subscription, I would still be with them. I too, like BR7 was putting the movie in my saved list a couple months before they were to be released, but for some reason the new releases were becoming harder and harder to get from them (Like with Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!)
      They must like you better than me BR7 . By the way, you're Steelers cost me some money bro!!

Anyway, I just got all three Blockbuster online rentals today. They were sent out Monday, so an extra day compared to Netflix, but I already got 'A History of Violence' yesterday with their in-store coupon for the week. And I plan to use the coupons for 'Narnia', 'Dick and Jane', '50 cent', and I already got King Kong , so it's all good.
      MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
      Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
      ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
      Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
      XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
      Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
      Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
      *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
      *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• BR7
        He is coming to your little town!
        • Aug 2005

You also can put in to account you may be in a bigger city and there are more people to satisfy but I am sure the more they grow the better the service will be. I don't want to hear any crying Mikey it's your own fault for betting against a superior team like the Steelers

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• MikeyBK
          Digital Video Maniac
          • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by BR7
          You also can put in to account you may be in a bigger city and there are more people to satisfy but I am sure the more they grow the better the service will be. I don't want to hear any crying Mikey it's your own fault for betting against a superior team like the Steelers
          That's OK to celebrate for now, because even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile.
          We'll see what happens to them when the sh*t hits the fan next year!!

All kidding aside, It was great to see 'The Bus' retire with a championship! Though I was not a Steelers fan I've always been a Bettis fan.
          MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
          Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
          ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
          Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
          XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
          Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
          Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
          *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
          *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

Working...