Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firered
    • Mar 2006

video capture help

When capturing using my ATI theater 550 pro capture card I noticed their is on the top of the video kind of stactiy or kind of blury or kind of a little scrably on the top of the video. The video plays fine its clear video just that on the top of the video its their. not big just top of the video. Can you tell me what it is and how to fix that. I keep seeing like a light wavey line in top of my video capture, Its kind of light wavey kind of line just on top of the video

• LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

i get that on some channels too. the software i use (compro) has a setting called "video trimming" for that static line. just a little slider bar. if you check the help section or manual for your software you should have something for it too.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• firered
      • Mar 2006

I use chris TV and winDVR have you used them before and do you know if any what the setting is on their called

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

What kind of captured video format do you have? AVI or MPEG? If it is AVI and you want to encode to MPEG-2 for DVD, you can fix it while encoding with TMPGEnc Plus (free trial). Just open the video in TMPGEnc, go to Setting, select Advanced tab, select and double-click the "Clip frame". First, select the Clip frame button and choose about 20 pixels off the top (The static line didn't look too large on the image you posted. You can crop more if needed though). The "Resized image is used for preview" should be check too. Then, press the "Arrange setting" button and select either Full screen options to maintain the aspect ratio

Regards

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

another thing i think worth mentioning is that the static line in most cases will not be seen when played back on your tv as the outer edges of the clip are hidden by the tv. test it out on an rw.
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• drfsupercenter
            NOT an online superstore
            • Oct 2005

Just curious, how come when transferring VHS to DVD with ANY source, you get either a green line at the bottom or a static line at the top? They are not there when playing on a TV but they show up on my capture card. Same thing happens when using my friend's DVD recorder.
            CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
            Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
            My DVD Collection

Comment

• firered
              • Mar 2006

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
              another thing i think worth mentioning is that the static line in most cases will not be seen when played back on your tv as the outer edges of the clip are hidden by the tv. test it out on an rw.
              ok but is their any way to get rid of them now or make it at least make it look like its not their. some programs I use like windvr and its hardly their but other programs its their really bad and you can see it

Comment

• firered
                • Mar 2006

I use ATI THEATER 550 Pro capture card using the composite cable to feed the signal. I use WinDVR and ChrisTV to capture Video. Which software is better or recommend a good sofrware to use and how to fix the static line on the top of the video. Also any other suggestions on how to get a good capture. I capture the video in MPG format and resolution is 720X480

Comment

Working...