Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • designrunway
    • Mar 2006

Instant replay

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this type of conversation; if it isn't, please let me know.

I coach an amateur hockey team and wanted to experiment with some video options. I wanted to somehow show instant replay of plays to a monitor on the bench.

Would anyone have any ideas as to how I would go about this task? I am very curious and willing to learn if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks for everyone's time

Brian
  • Chizzmo
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Nov 2005

you will have to have a camcorder. You are going to have to have someone to record the action and hook it up to your a/v out from your camcorder to your a/v in on your tv. Put your monitor on the video/input channel and your good to go from there. Just play it back as if you were to view it on the camcorder and if hooked up right it will show up on your monitor too.
    Chizzmo

Cheers

Comment

• designrunway
      • Mar 2006

Thanks for the reply. When I am re-winding the video to show instant replay, will that discontinue the recording portion of the camera?

I'm assuming that you would be using the rewind - fast forward - play features on the camera since you didn't mention capturing anything digitally, or using a vcr, right?

Thanks again.

Comment

• Chizzmo
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Nov 2005

There are alot of different ways to actually do this but really the easiest (not necessarily the best) would to have 2 vcrs and a monitor with 2 input chanels. Record on one vcr and when you want to show something move the patch cords (from the camcorder) from one vcr to the other and start recording on that one till you need to switch again. You might be better off just having someone record the entire game and during your next practice go over it with the team, or if they really blow it make them stay after the game and go thru it so they know what to practice next time.
        Chizzmo

Cheers

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

Or use a TiVo "Pause and rewind live TV!"
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
          My DVD Collection

Comment

• designrunway
            • Mar 2006

I think something like a TiVo would be best

Does a TiVo work on a feed from a camcorder?

Any ideas as to how to access this video using only a computer?

Maybe building my own DVR might be more aligned.

My need would be to show video reply DURING the game, without interrupting the game feed.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comment

Working...