X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sasaws
    • Mar 2006

Video Capture from - Motorola DVR

Hello....

I want to capture video from my Motorola DVR to my PC. I am using a ATI AIW 9600. I am using the software that came with the card. Although it finally seems to work with about 5 re-installs .... I was wondering if maybe there was better software I should be using rather then ATI?

TIA!
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

Hi sasaws,

Does your Motorola DVR come with preinstall a firewire IEEE 1394 to transfer digital video to the PC? If it does, I think that you can add a PCI firewire card to your computer if it doesn't have yet and use a free but wonderful program called WinDV to capture the digital video. As I've read an article about Motorola DVR concerning copy protection restriction. Please read more from the link below:

#hellomoto | Discover our new unlocked Android phones from motorola and stay informed about our offers and promotions.

Also the link for WinDV if you need it:

WinDV is a small and easy to use Windows application for capturing videos from DV device (camcorder) into AVI-files and for recording AVI-files into DV device via FireWire (IEEE 1394) interface.

Regards

Comment

• sasaws
      • Mar 2006

Thanks for the response. I may try out the firewire. Right now I run the video via Componet cables into the ATI All In Wonder and capture the video in MPEG -2 format. Works well. I just don't like the AVI software. I will try the WinDV software.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...