Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mens_sana
    • Mar 2006

Nero 7 - Edit mode

I'm in Edit in Nero 7 and on the Timeline. When I drag the timeline position marker, the frame in the preview window often does not change until I stop moving the marker — and sometimes not even then. I will have to jiggle the marker a bit before the new frame shows in the preview window.

When I'm cutting out the tv commercials the picture and sound will often get out of sync. Sometimes I can get around this by moving the marker beyond where I want to cut, then back it up, but this doesn't always work — and Mariska Hargitay sounds weird with a man's voice.

Any suggestions?
    Q6600 2.4Ghz; ASUS Striker Extreme
    3GB DDR2; EVGA 8800GTS
    WD VelociRaptor 300GB C:\; 2 WD Caviar Black 1TB: F:\ & G: ; 1 Seagate 1TB 31000340AS H:\
    Samsung SH-202N & 203N
    XP Pro
    LG L226WT monitor
  • mens_sana
    • Mar 2006

I just upgraded my processor and memory. The preview in Nero Edit still acts just the same.

I uninstalled Nero 7 and installed Roxio 8, the preview in Edit is pretty smooth, much better than Nero 7, but at the end of the burn, I got a Stop Error screen and memory dumped to disc.

Intervideo WinDVD Creator has none of these problems, but has a lousy set of bells & whistles.

Any suggestions. I hope. I Hope. I hope.
    3GB DDR2; EVGA 8800GTS
    WD VelociRaptor 300GB C:\; 2 WD Caviar Black 1TB: F:\ & G: ; 1 Seagate 1TB 31000340AS H:\
    Samsung SH-202N & 203N
    XP Pro
    LG L226WT monitor

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

pull 2 gigs of memory or google 4 gigs

Well, unfortunately...it may have to do with the fact that Windows can only see 4gb of ram period...system ram, and virtual ram. Since you have 4096 of system ram, and your pagefile is on...you've passed the Windows memory limits. Remember, Windows sees the pagefile as system memory.

The only solution you could try to get Windows to see all of your ram, would be to shut off the pagefile.
      For those of you using Windows Server 2003, the mem limit: 32 bit - 32Gb...64 bit - 64Gb
      Last edited by Chewy; 20 Apr 2006, 03:14 AM.

Comment

• mens_sana
        • Mar 2006

4gb?

I googled 4 gigs, read the MS memory document and a couple of long threads. I don't think it is a 4GB problem. Those people seem to think that the memory works even if it doesn't show. Nero Vision is working a little better than before, but is still jerky. Howver, the edit preview window works just fine, very smoth, in BOTH Intervideo WinDVD and Roxio 8.
        3GB DDR2; EVGA 8800GTS
        Samsung SH-202N & 203N
        XP Pro
        LG L226WT monitor

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

please post a screenshot of task manager showing more than 2 gigs in use.

very similar problem to win 98 and over 512 megs of ram

Comment

Working...