Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joanne1
    • Apr 2006

Problem Playing Back a burnt DVD in a DVD Player

I've just burnt my 1st disc. It plays fine on my PC (Media Player etc) but will not play back in my domestic DVD player. I'm in the UK and the disc was burnt as Region 2.

Any ideas please ????????
  • Chizzmo
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Nov 2005

There could be a few different things causing this problem for you. First off we would need to know the movie and a log from DVDDycryptor or which ever program used to rip the disc. The movie title can tell us what kind of decryption is needed and the log can tell us if there just is something wrong with the disc itself. Also you might want to check the type of media used, (DVD-R / DVD+R) and then check your manual for the stand alone player. Not all players accept all media, it could just be noncompatible. Another easy way to check is to try the dvd you made in another dvd player if available and see if it works there. also there really is no reason to burn in any region after it is ripped you can burn it region free just as a standard way of burning.

Chizzmo

Cheers

Comment

• mill
      Im Off To See The Wizard
      • Oct 2005

Welcome to the Forum

Maybe this is the problem not sure, newbe here.
      Last edited by mill; 17 Apr 2006, 09:19 AM.
      Keep Plugin away

Comment

• ZSheppie
        • Apr 2006

dvd-r usually play in all dvd players and dvd+r plays in olny plays in the newer ones

Comment

• jamoskeag3
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Nov 2005

I find that media brand can sometimes be the problem. Try using a different brand. i tend to use verbatims.

Comment

• a2j3
            If it aint broke, don't fix it
            • Feb 2006

Hello Joanne1

i agree. could be bad media or wrong media 4 ur standalone.
            sigpic

Comment

• floresdave
              results may vary
              • Mar 2006

Hate to bring up old stuff, but have an intersting isolated occurence. I backed up fun with dick and jane using recode2 and region+css. Last weekend went to parents house, brought backup copy to watch after dinner and it wouldn't work. Every other dvd i have brought over to watch has played in their player but for some reason this disc just freezes before menu on the standalone. I had to get my brothers ps2 to play it. Tested the dvd in my player and works fine.
              Obviously i could understand if my mom's player didn't like a certain format of disc, but using the same software, same media, and same burner seems odd to have problem with one movie. Although with the amount of problems people had backing this movie up i'm not surprised that it was this movie. Obvioulsly i am not worried about this problem but would like to know if anyone else has similar isolated problematic dvd's.

Comment

Working...