• Show
Clear All
  • O-pos
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Dec 2005

How to make photos from video files?

Hi everyone!

I was interested whether it's possible to make images from video files. I mean just to pause video playback and convert the paused image to picture file. With Prt.Screen > paste it didn't work and I thought it was impossible, but friend of mine told me that it's in fact quite possible, but he's not sure how.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

O-pos
  • SMEG
    • Mar 2006

You can do it using power dvd for example you play the dvd filea with power dvd there is a camera on the control display when you click it it captures the frame (picture thats on the screen)

Comment

• paglamon
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

U can also do it with the free Media Player Classic.Open the video.Pause where u wish to.Then save that frame as bmp or jpeg by selecting FILE/SAVE IMAGE.
      Same can be done with Virtualdub.
      sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• celtic_druid
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Dec 2005

Print Screen doesn't work for video overlays.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by O-pos
          Hi everyone!

I was interested whether it's possible to make images from video files. I mean just to pause video playback and convert the paused image to picture file. With Prt.Screen > paste it didn't work and I thought it was impossible, but friend of mine told me that it's in fact quite possible, but he's not sure how.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

O-pos
          yeah print screen ain't gonna work. vdub all the way. free. load video, under video>snapshot source frame.
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• drfsupercenter
            NOT an online superstore
            • Oct 2005

If you want to printscreen in WMP, go to Options, then Performance, then Advanced and uncheck both "use overlays" now you can printscreen it.
            CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
            Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
            My DVD Collection

Comment

• O-pos
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Dec 2005

Thank you for your answers. I'm always using medla player classic, it's my favorite player, but I didn't know hat it had such an option. That's very good. I'll do it!

Another question: how do you think, if I make picture from paused image, what's best zoom for video playback? 100% is ok, or 150% can give better quality? Is each pixel of video paused video image going to be the correspoding pixel of the picture?

Thanks again

O-pos

Comment

• celtic_druid
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Dec 2005

For MPC go into options, then output. Set it to VMR7/9 or Haali's renderer. There is even a * that says overlay won't work for screenshots.

Comment

Working...