Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digatle
    • Apr 2006

RWY Cable vs RGB Cable

Is there any difference between hooking up a RWY Cable in place of a RGB Cable technically?

Now I'm not a science geek so that's why I'm asking. They all look the same to me so please, be gentle.

Digatle
  • Chizzmo
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Nov 2005

I'm not 100% but I think the RWY are basic audio video cables anolog/stereo sound. The RBG are for HD tv/ digital quality reception so you dont lose any image quality between your components.
    Chizzmo

Cheers

Comment

• Zero G
      Next to Arch Stanton
      • Jan 2006

Are you saying that you want to use a common red, white yellow cable as opposed to purchasing a red, green blue cable? If so, yes it will work but the quality really depends on how good your rwy cable is.
      "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• digatle
        • Apr 2006

Are we talking if I use Monster RWY cables we're ok vs. if I'm using cheap radio shack cables better off getting the $30 RGB cables?

Comment

• Zero G
          Next to Arch Stanton
          • Jan 2006

I'm not one to spend a fortune on cables, but you can find good quality without breaking the bank. If you're curious about the proper ones giving a better picture, then take the cable you are using now to the store. Have them swap between what they are selling and what you are using. Let your eyes judge if they are worth the money.
          "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• digatle
            • Apr 2006

What should I be looking for? Because I could simply take the very nice RWY cables that came with a TiVo and use it in place of the RGB and get a RY cable and use S-Video to the TV and it'd save all the cost. I got plenty of RY cables to go around. That's why I was asking if there was any "technological" differences between them like one is on a different hz or ohm or whatever.

Comment

• Zero G
              Next to Arch Stanton
              • Jan 2006

I can't give you specific technical differences, but the main thing with cables of any sort is shielding and bandwidth. If they do their job correctly you have a good signal that resists interference.

I'm not sure I follow you on the the S cable setup now. Just how and what are you wanting to connect?

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                NOT an online superstore
                • Oct 2005

I use the cheap Target brand ones with no problem. But I have a small TV, so that may be why.
                CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                My DVD Collection

Comment

• toomanycats
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Apr 2005

Really good cables have shielding and use BNC connectors. I have ripped apart many cables (RWY vs. RGB) and found the greatest difference was the color. As far as monster cables go, test done from some the leading Audio Magazines have found that lampshade wire that you can get from you local hardware store sounds virtually identical. The psychological coloring people add to cable choice is not to be ignored. I build ElectroSatic Speakers as a hobby and have found that a flourescent light on the same circuit is you house will add more noise to the circuit and other electronic devices distortion which is far more important than cables. If you Audio unit is under $5000 U.S. your throwing your money away on cables. The longer the run the larger the gauge cable shold be used. A large gauge cable on a short run will give you optimum performance. If you wire tie all your cables you cold get signals induced (cross-talk) if the cables are not properly shielded. As far as Video cables go I have not noticed much diffference between RWY and RGB. I had my LCD projector hooked up with RWY while I was evaluating it, when the RGB's I ordered finally came in I was surprised that I could not discern any difference, even at 80 inches diagonally. Get lampshade wire for the speakers, and for short runs (6 feet) and T.V.'s under 36' diagonally use what you got!!

Comment

Working...