X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kiwi-Hawk
    • Feb 2002

Repair tool/tools if any

Hi

I had some mpg files that will play for a bit a freeze,.. on loading into a couple of edting programs one gives an error saying video can't catch up,.. the software sadly doesn't want to redender these files,.. Is there a repair tolls for this or do I have to try extract the audio and video out and redo them over again,.. I gues the option I don't want is the nackered

Cheers
    Kiwi-Hawk
  • moonrocks
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jul 2005

With some problem mpeg files I've had very good luck with the QuickStream Fix option in VideoRedo Plus. It can't repair everything but it is a very quick and easy option to try first, before resorting to demuxing, remuxing etc.

QuickStream fix attempts to recalculate the time stamps within your mpeg file.

Load your file, then Tools, QuickSteam Fix, Select Input and OUtput streams, then Start Quick Fix. If your mpeg isn't too badly corrupted then QuickStream Fix has a good chance of repairing it. Good Luck

Free Trial:

"Det blåser også her." - Erik den røde

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

while videoredo's quickstream fix corrects most small errors in mpeg2 streams (and works wonderfully btw), imho projectx is your best bet :^)
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...