• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gizmotoz
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jan 2006

need help on burning series, multiple dvd

I am wanting to back up dvd of the lost series and it is several dvd's. is there a way to get this on one or two dvds or depending on the time, i think it is 8 hours total. I thought i had read this somewhere but was unable to locate it.
    thanks
    amy
  • MikeyBK
    Digital Video Maniac
    • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by gizmotoz
    I am wanting to back up dvd of the lost series and it is several dvd's. is there a way to get this on one or two dvds or depending on the time, i think it is 8 hours total. I thought i had read this somewhere but was unable to locate it.
    thanks
    amy
    You can do that with DVD Shrink. Here's a guide for you.

Hope that gets you on your way.

Also, how many DVDs you can fit all of that onto would also depend on the amount of compression that you would need and what kind of quality is aceptable to you.
    Last edited by MikeyBK; 26 Apr 2006, 09:55 AM.
    MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
    Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
    ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
    XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
    Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
    Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
    *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
    *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• gizmotoz
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Jan 2006

Thanks for the link. I have not checked on the protection situation yet but I knew the great minds on this board would point me in the right direction.
      Amy

Comment

• Gary D
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

With series (especially TV), I find personally that if I shrink four 52 minute episodes to one disc, the loss of quality is great. This is with AE and maximum smoothness on. What I do is split the series into a lower quantities like 3 episodes per disc. I do not know how to get a working menu but some one here knows how.
        Gary D

Comment

• ulTRAX
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Jan 2005

Originally Posted by Gary D
          I do not know how to get a working menu but some one here knows how.
          There's a free program called MENUSHRINK that I hear is pretty good. You can also use Nero Vision which provides a menu option when you import video files.

Comment

• SMEG
            • Mar 2006

Originally Posted by Gary D
            With series (especially TV), I find personally that if I shrink four 52 minute episodes to one disc, the loss of quality is great. This is with AE and maximum smoothness on. What I do is split the series into a lower quantities like 3 episodes per disc. I do not know how to get a working menu but some one here knows how.
            I put three episodes to a disc and the quality is pretty good so if i was you i would go for three episodes to one blanc disc

Comment

Working...