mpeg to avi - out out of sync 1 second...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RFBurns
    To Infinity And Byond
    • May 2006

I dont remember exactly, been a little while since I have used VirtualDub, but isnt there two encoding options? A normal compresison mode and an internal or compatability compression mode? (F4 and F5??) One of those, I think it was the internal or compatability mode that did solve much of the out of sync problem. I at least remember the dropped frames reduced dramatically and the encoding process took far less time.

Maybe try another encoding session and experiment with the two encoding options and their settings. Take note of the dropped frames count during processing. If it drops alot of frames, it will be the major cause of out of sync audio. And if I remember correctly, the file size numbers zipping away near the top of the progress dispay shows a huge fat file size during compatible/internal compression mode often indicating the file will be much larger than the original and scare you into thinking you will run out of free space on the HD. Dont be alarmed, the file is in fact compressing dispite what that number says.

I hope any of this info helps.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• chance_
      • Nov 2005

yeah but damn it's so confusing... there's just soooo many options and settings. i kinda stuck to virtual dub using xvid and resize filter to default which is 320x something... and i use acc audio at 96k... the file size goes down to about 20mb less... but i'm sure there's better ways to get the size down and still have great quality. i read somewhere about a didee's sixofnine.cqm file for the matrix options in the xvid properties... it's somewhere in there i dunno. but yeah that's the best settings for me so far.
      Last edited by chance_; 13 May 2006, 05:32 AM.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

as pagmalon said, do a 2pass - 1st pass, then 2pass - 2nd pass using exactly the same settings. search for a guide on vdub encoding.

vdub can do batch encoding
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• chance_
          • Nov 2005

i dunno how exactly to do it but i think i did it right... opened the source file, compressed in 2pass 1st pass then again using the source file, and with the video.pass created from that i did 2pass 2ndpass and it did come out smaller in size but there was no audio... any idea?

RFBurns-

at the bottom it tells you how to convert several files... we was wrong there is a way thank god.
          Last edited by chance_; 13 May 2006, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• RFBurns
            To Infinity And Byond
            • May 2006

Originally Posted by chance_
            RFBurns-

at the bottom it tells you how to convert several files... we was wrong there is a way thank god.

Excellent!

Wish I knew that during those WC FMV conversions. Thanks for the link!

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

Working...