Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miltk
    • May 2006

bitrate optimum and other dumb questions

i use an av500. i encode all my dvd's for it and nothing else. i use dvdshrink/pocketdivxencoder, and i must say, i'm very pleased.

i re-author and compress the dvd by 50%, and use the default settings on PDE except for brightness/contrast.

i have a couple of question. ..

what is the optimum birate for the av500? should it be set in dvdshrink or PED. PED's default quality setting of 80% is resolution optimum based on it's use on the av500, according to their faq, so it doesn't sound like a bitrate optimum setting.

with these settings, an average movie is coming in at about 800mg.,,,while a two hour movie will hit 1gb. HOWEVER, i was shocked when, using my standard settings, "dark city" came in at 480mb!!!!!! can someone tell me why this movie came in at such a low file size.

in dvdshrink, why do movies,set at automatic compression, come in at different settings? some are set at 90% compression, others at 100% etc etc? just curious....i always customize the settings at 50% anyway, and it is great for the av500
    Last edited by miltk; 24 May 2006, 03:07 AM.
Working...