Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powerplay
    • Nov 2005

cant save info from a website to dvd

well i have been doing some research and i have a lot of info way too much to print. I thought i would save the particular webpages info and all on a dvd or cd but some websits just wont let me save the webpage to cd or dvd they have the option to print but thats no good for me. The problem is that i want to save the whole webpage on cd or dvd?

does anyone know how i can save the whole webpage to dvd or cd thanks!
  • RFBurns
    To Infinity And Byond
    • May 2006

Hi!

Try saving via the File/Save As option, select a location on your HD to save the site then burn to CD or DVD. Some sites display information via java applets or other scripted applets which cannot save or not save its full contents, in which case the best way to save from those sites that cannot save is to try to do a cut and paste to another program like MS XML or Word. It might not save the formatting, but at least you can attempt to save the text and perhaps images as well.

Im not an expert in html or website server applets, but by experience when trying to save website information and it wont save or it wont save all of the contents, a cut and paste work around usually does the job.

Hope this helps.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• Dan
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Dec 2005

Can you save all the info to a word document and create your own pages from that for viewing and burning?
      I know I have saved large articles to a word doc or adobe to view at a later date. I'm not sure just how much info or what kind of web page you are talking about.

Nevermind me, you hit the nail on the head RF!

Comment

• powerplay
        • Nov 2005

not going to work

thanks for the attempt guys but ofcorse i tried the obvious file ---save as method and it will not let me save the webpage. I tried saving it this way to a file on my desktop and it didn't work.

As far as copying and pasting to word that works but the info and pictures are a bit distortrd. The problem with copying and pasting is that after i am done with the info from the web pages i would kind of like to keep them in an archive on dvd so i would kind of like to have the info saved as it is presented on the webpage.

Do you have any idea how i could do this?

Oh by the way if it helps some of the article i am trying to save are from cnn. Cnn wll not let you save the articles to your computer. I could use some help??

It might be a good idea to go to cnn and try to save an article and if it works please get back to me

Comment

• Dan
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by powerplay
          thanks for the attempt guys but ofcorse i tried the obvious file ---save as method and it will not let me save the webpage. I tried saving it this way to a file on my desktop and it didn't work.

As far as copying and pasting to word that works but the info and pictures are a bit distortrd. The problem with copying and pasting is that after i am done with the info from the web pages i would kind of like to keep them in an archive on dvd so i would kind of like to have the info saved as it is presented on the webpage.

Do you have any idea how i could do this?

Oh by the way if it helps some of the article i am trying to save are from cnn. Cnn wll not let you save the articles to your computer. I could use some help??

It might be a good idea to go to cnn and try to save an article and if it works please get back to me
          I just selected an article in cnn and chose "print this". It then gave me a print preview without any ads, link, pictures etc. I tried a copy and paste of this to word and it looks good to me, no distortion as when you take it right from the website.
          Dunno if this is good enough, or if you already tried it?

Comment

• PurpleDemon
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Mar 2006

I just saved the cnn page by:
            save as, then in the drop menu save as type it say's complete page by default. I changed to page only HTML. I then was able to pull the page up as a file.
            Good Luck

Comment

• powerplay
              • Nov 2005

just one slight problem left

I just tried both methids the copy and paste metod from the printable version and the saving to a file As HTML only. Now they both seem to save the article just fine but the pictures in the articlels are just not there.

I dont understand why? I mean the would allow you to print the pictures in the article as part of the article but they will not let you save the pictures as part of the article

any ideas guys??

Comment

Working...