Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chance_
    • Nov 2005

avi to svcd (nero)

okay this is my first time doing this... i have an .avi file which i want to play on my dvd player (yes it supports svcd)... anyway, ive just dragged the avi to nero and it's converting (taking it's time too... is that normal?) and the size says 851mb but the avi is 697mb? is that normal too? my cd-r's are 700mb. can i use a blank dvd disc to do this instead?
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

the size increase will happen. never used nero to make an svcd so i don't know if you can adjust the bitrate to lower the file size like other software can, otherwise i'd just convert it to dvd.
    Last edited by LT. Columbo; 29 May 2006, 10:19 AM.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Visionz
      • Jan 2006

I convert AVI to SVCD daily. Your AVI total may be 697 but Nero writes extra info on the disc especially if you title and add background to your title. This extra stuff that Nero writes adds to your total. If you exceed the size of the disc (CD) and write to a DVD Nero will recognize the blank DVD and write to it. In fact depending on if you have the latest version, it will ask or suggest that you use a DVD.

Comment

Working...