X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • distance
    • Mar 2006

Buying a New Burner; what to look for?

Ola,
    My dvd Burner is wearing out (its about 700dvds old) and i was wondering what to look for in my next burner I'm seeing alot of 16x burners but i'm confused as to what DVD Ram write is. Also how much of a difference will i be able to notice between a burner with a 2m cache and an 8m? I'm looking to spend up to $100 any recommendations are very welcome but my main focus are what qualities to look for and how those attribrutes affect performance. Thanks
  • Zero G
    Next to Arch Stanton
    • Jan 2006

This thread has some good reading in it.
    "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

Chewy would be the man to talk you here but, my recommendation is the NEC 3550 from Newegg.com .

You can pick one up for around $39 + Shipping. Its a dual format burner, it also supports bitsetting. Its a very fast ripper, and produced good quality scans from CD/DVD Speed.

Comment

• NightTran
        King of Digital Video
        King of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

with 39 you can by a benq 1655
        sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

with a budget of 100$ buy both, benq and nec.

Comment

Working...