X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daylightdancer
    • Jun 2006

Dvd Player Problems - Please Help

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I hope someone can help me with my small problem. I recently bought a dvd player (Toshiba SD 3990) - actually got it a month and a few days ago and already it is starting to act up. The problem is that when I play a dvd, at certain points (never the same ones) the movie image begins to break up or pixelate. Sometimes it just freezes altogether for a few seconds. I tried cleaning the dvd player but the problem continued. What could be causing this and can the dvd player be fixed or should I just trash it altogether.

Also a second question, a player I had once would show no image but the sound was working perfectly. Can anyone tell me what was the problem with it and if it could be fixed?

Hope someone can help,
    Thanks
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

could be bad media, burn speed, etc. read this. try the disc in another player, or pc. if it's not the disc, take it back. must still be under warranty.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...