X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Video Idio
    • May 2006

Originally Posted by paglamon
    VI,
    Lame should show up in Virtualdub.How did u install Lame?Download it. Then RIGHT CLICK on the .inf file and select INSTALL.
    No paglamon, that was Ulead we were talking about, though the Mpeg Layer3 in Ulead seems to be the same as Lame. Lame shows and compresses fine in VDub, even while using Xvid. What I may start doing is using VDub to compress the original video and audio, then add music tracks via another program, but thus far I've not found a way to do that. I might be able to even use the logo filter in VDub to add a premade title to the first segment, if I could just find a prog to make a title without background. I have Serif DrawPlus4, but it wants to add a square white background to every watermark I make.

Currently I've been checking into the open source NLE being developed called Positrion, but can't figure out how to get MySQL (which it requires) set up. You have to edit the positron.cfg file and change at least the username, password, and path from the default which looks like this:

server: localhost
    username: root
    password: heyjude
    rootdir: e:\server

I don't know whether to leave localhost as is, and whether to set the root directory to where I've installed Positron or MySQL. I also don't recall MySQL asking for a username, just email address. Is there a way to go into the MySQL files and find this info or can I re-enter it somehow?

I know Positron isn't good for much anything yet but I want to be ready to use it when it is. Any help would be much appreciated, I left a question on their forum but they rarely get time to answer people.

Comment

Working...