X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • polopolo
    • Jun 2006

Sinovideo: TV card hangs system!!!

Hello,

Some days ago I bought a pcmcia Sinovideo TV card and I installed it on my notebook Dell C610 running on win XP Pro sp2.

At start the system hanged lots of times and I couldnt watch anything (as I run the program WinDVR the system all hangs and I need to reboot it).

After many, many instllations finally the TV started without problems for few days but as soon as I took the card off and plug it back on and turn the machione on the same hanging problem happens.

I have updated my machine with directX 9c and from the manufacter sinovideo website I download the latest drivers... still cant get to watch television because the system hangs all the time...

What is this problem?? Why the system hangs?? Its so anoying to have to reboot the machine all the time... can it be because I have norton antivirus installed... can it be an IRQ problem conflict?? the grafics cards is ATI Radeon mobility 16MB and runs on IRQ 11 and acording the device manager the Sinovideo TV tuner is assigned to IRQ 11 but there is no conflict reported in device manager.

I have tryed many programs and all hang the sistem when the try to lauch the image...

Please help.

Polo
Working...