I'm new. I need help to convert files to AMV

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palmfreak
    • Nov 2006

for this program to work you need the codecs.download SLD codec pack-it is also free

Comment

• ozmotorsport
      • Dec 2006

Hi ALl,

I have a related problem that I also need help with. THe converter software I got weith the cheapie Mp3 player (7yo Christmas present) convertes the video but the player shows a FORMAT ERROIR a couple of seconds into playing the video. ANy ideas?

I'm guessing the bit rate may be a bit too high for the player so I have been running the video through another converter foirst to bring the rate down then converting it to a WMV file. This loses a lot of quality bit seems to work. Strange thing is it worked for me the first time I started using it but yesterday converted a load of music video and loaded them on now they do not work. I thought it may have been a meory problem so I removed all the clips and just put 1 back on but still nto luck.

Comment

• chubbyredhead
        • Dec 2006

Omg Please Help Me

Originally Posted by Bull
        Hi, I have just joined because I too just bought a MP4 player and wanted to convert various formats to AMV. I searched the web etc with no luck.
        Then I decided to check out the CD supplied to me with the player. You would not believe it the disc contained the AMV player, converter and some MP3 convertion software. Not sure if the MP3 software works or not but the AMV software works great. I can convert all formats DVD VCD and any other format. I converted a movie to AMV and it only takes 200MB. This AMV software is awesome.
        Before you buy a MP4 player be sure you ask if AMV converter/player is included. For those who want this player and do not have a disc, please contact me and I will try and send it to you. I know how frustrating it is when you can not find something you need. I am willing to help.

Regards

Bull

Dear Bill,
        HELP I am a non compurter mom n i am trying to fig. out how to covert AVI to AMV for my 2 boys!They got these mp4 players for Christmas n it took me about 7 days to fig. out how to down load cd music on to them now i am try to put vidos n it is telling me i have to convert them n i dont know how... PLEASE help me!!!! THANKS CHUBBYREDHEAD
        (CUTECHUBBYREDHEAD@YAHOO.COM)
        Last edited by chubbyredhead; 30 Dec 2006, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• redggie
          • Jan 2007

AMV Converting

O.k folks I've just spent about a half a day on this,with trial & errors, however I now have some good news, the way I have overcome all these issues are, I use (Video Studio 10 Plus) to import the movies, then I select the Share Tab, create video file, custom selection at the bottom, then select save as type mpeg then name your file then select options on the right hand side then goto the General Tab then change size to 352x288 then select compression Media Type MPEG2. once saved then
          Open amv video converter ver 4 select input file select settings select
          128x128 tick wave for not enough wave, then o.k then begin convert. that's it I've done it with all my video's now.
          As far as music I found a site that has this little handy program that also can batch most of the music formats and convert them to a MP3 format.

The program is called Switch Audio. here's an example of my Godson playing First grade Football, I also make the video clip. THIS SHOULD WORK ON YOUR MP4 PLAYER. HTTP://members.optusnet/redggie/footy2.amv or ftp it.

Comment

• Adzhanson
            • May 2007

AMV Convert problem

Hey there, I got a mp4 player from Ebay and it only used AMV files, it came with a converter called "AMV Convert Tool" but every time i try to Convert something it displays "error". Any idea why?
            Would really appriciate it if someone could help.

If anyone has a beter converter please could you send it as a file attachment to adzhanson@hotmail.com

Many Thanks

Comment

• JonRoyWill
              • Jan 2008

Hello all,
              We have 2 of these "nano s--s-n" 8GB players ( made in china) and both work well with mp3 files ok. 1. plug in, check battery is good strength open my computer to see it as a drive 2. rename that drive. 3 close and open WINDOWS explorer twice. 4. resize the views to fit. 5. one view select your player in the other view pick where your files mp3 (up to 192 bps) are make sure your player is in music screen mode press menu to see dir location now drag your mp3(s) to your player. This works for AMV files also. if you have this player the converting tool is on the mini-disk.DLoad is available(Free) as well as required SLD codec.

Comment

• Wamba
                • Jun 2008

AMV Convertions

A free & simple solution is at hand......Go to

Look at the menu column on the right and click "Downloads 2"
                Once there scroll down the page and click "Convertion Service"

A new page will open. Click the "Choose file" button and upload your file.
                A bit further down you'll find an "output format" menu/button: choose format and then click the "OK" button.
                Wait for a minute whilst it converts and then download the converted file.

Before uploading use QuickTime and "export" your video to a .mov file, with the following settings..
                Video...Compression: H.264, Quality: Medium, Frame rate: 15, Encoding mode: multipass, Dimension: 160x120, Sale: Fit within (160x120).
                Sound... Format: Integer (Big Endian), Sample rate: 44,100 khz, Sample size: 16-bit, Channels: Mono.
                I've found that all .flv files, of whatever size, converted as above, work. Therefore if youre not having any luck convert first to .flv and then use QT to export as above and then upload to the convertion service.

Ciao4now.
                Last edited by Wamba; 13 Jun 2008, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• ruv
                  • Nov 2008

Hy bull,
                  Im new to this site, and I have the same mp4 but without the converter, I tried to find the program on internet but nothing helped, can you send me the program to my email?: ruevim@gmail.com

Comment

• jennylau
                    • Jun 2009

Help!

Hi Bull,

I'm in the same situation, I have been trying for the last three days and am getting really frustrating. Please help

Thank You

Jenny

Comment

• mario69
                      • Apr 2010

Im lost amv converters online dont work on my xp

Can any1 supply me with a converter that works Bull i know u got 1 can u please help

Comment

• lion1
                        • May 2010

AMV software

Please can you help me and send me the same soft ware you have got thanks Pete Cox

Originally Posted by Bull
                        Hi, I have just joined because I too just bought a MP4 player and wanted to convert various formats to AMV. I searched the web etc with no luck.
                        Then I decided to check out the CD supplied to me with the player. You would not believe it the disc contained the AMV player, converter and some MP3 convertion software. Not sure if the MP3 software works or not but the AMV software works great. I can convert all formats DVD VCD and any other format. I converted a movie to AMV and it only takes 200MB. This AMV software is awesome.
                        Before you buy a MP4 player be sure you ask if AMV converter/player is included. For those who want this player and do not have a disc, please contact me and I will try and send it to you. I know how frustrating it is when you can not find something you need. I am willing to help.

Regards

Bull

Comment

• Anna_Z
                          • Jun 2010

Hi there,
                          I convert audio and video files with the help of Convert-tune.

Comment

• voiceville.july
                            • Jun 2010

Originally Posted by barry_shift
                            hi...
                            new to this place so pls help me out.

i got an mp4 player that only takes .AMV video files

is there a program where i can convert VOB, AVI, MPG etc files to .AMV format? please gimme a link to it if u find one for me.

and izit possible for me to rip DVD episodes & covert em to .AMV?

Yeah...

There are a lot of free downloadable converter software that could convert .AMV file to any format.....

Just research on the search engine and you will find alot of free downloadable converter....
                            Last edited by voiceville.july; 30 Jun 2010, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Working...