• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loopyloops
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Nov 2005

Total Divx uninstall

Is there a utility for this? I'm having an issue. Each time I upgrade to the latest codec - 6.2.5, I think - the update utility keeps saying I need to update.

I'm thinking a clean uninstall might help. Just uninstalling doesn't seem to do it as it doesn't make me register again - so as the very least, it's keeping my registration info.

So, I'm in an endless loop - update, and it keeps telling me I need to update
    Last edited by loopyloops; 26 Jun 2006, 06:47 AM.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

dunno if there's an "official" utility for this, but searching the registry & deleting entries containing divx should do it.

make sure to back up first
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• loopyloops
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by anonymez
      dunno if there's an "official" utility for this, but searching the registry & deleting entries containing divx should do it.

make sure to back up first
      Thanks - but couldn't find anything related to the serial # - which I searched.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

i'd remove any registry entry i thought was related to divx.

might be able to find an answer somewhere in their forums; other than that, format & clean install
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• loopyloops
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Nov 2005

might be able to find an answer somewhere in their forums; other than that, format & clean install
          Could give that a go - am waiting for a response from their forum as well - thank!

Comment

• loopyloops
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            • Nov 2005

Riddle me this - know of a way I can see exactly which vers. of divx I have on my system? Know where I can find g spot but the ver. that actually installs?

Actually, I guess I have the codec - just need to find out why the program keeps saying I need to update...

Last edited by loopyloops; 26 Jun 2006, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• loopyloops
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by loopyloops
              Is there a utility for this? I'm having an issue. Each time I upgrade to the latest codec - 6.2.5, I think - the update utility keeps saying I need to update.

I'm thinking a clean uninstall might help. Just uninstalling doesn't seem to do it as it doesn't make me register again - so as the very least, it's keeping my registration info.

So, I'm in an endless loop - update, and it keeps telling me I need to update
              Turns out it's a known issue - it says to updated even though you're updated. Am told not to worry about it.

Comment

Working...