X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shee10
    • Jun 2006

Laptop Crash

Hello again,
    I have a laptop and it has all the top of the line hardware on it and windows xp professional and when i turn on my computer it loads up and then gets to a black screen that says:

We apologize for the inconveniece, but windows did not start successfully. a recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose last known good configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the power or reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose start windows normally.

( Tabs that you can choose )
    Safe Mode
    Safe Mode with Networking
    Safe Mode with command prompt

Last Known good configuration

Start Windows Normally

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the higlight to your choice.
    Seconds until Windows starts : XX

Now, i tried all tabs and then windows will start to load after about a minute and after the windows loading logo disappears for a split second i get a blue screen and windows restarts and the process starts all over again. Now, i have recovery cd's that came with the computer but i have a lot of data on the computer that i want saved. is there any way to go about this problem. Thanks
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

if your recovery cd's give the option to repair then it's worth a try, other wise
    I would take it to a shop and have them check out the hardware and maybe recover your data

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

i would try running a linux live cd, plug in a usb removeable drive and get the important data out of there. make it safe when dealing with hardware
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...