X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alabaster
    • Jun 2006

looking for some help with nero encoding dvd

i have this big old problem.

i made some home movies and edited and such with windows movie maker. then i wanted to burn them from wmv to a dvd so i was told to use nero. so i go through and set chapters and such, and up to the part where the remote appears on the right which let's you preview it, everything is perfectly how i want it.

then when i burn it to a dvd, it plays for about 10 minutes with no problem but then gets all glitchy. the video slows down a ton, the audio keeps going for about 10 seconds then stops. after the audio stops, the video returns to normal except it's completely silent.

so i tried a few times with no luck, then i was told to slow down the write speed so i tried it. still no luck, and i tried to encode it to the hard drive and the same problem happened. so the problem is not with the burning, it's more with the encoding.

so i was referred to some other encoding programs which i tried but have the same exact problem. at this point i've gone too far to just give up, i'm hoping someone can give me some good solid advice. thanks in advance, and thanks for reading my long desparate plea.

tyson
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

the first place to start is to verify the file itself. note the time of fail, and compare it to the original file, nero sucks for conversions of this type in my opinion.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• alabaster
      • Jun 2006

well it was always about 10 minutes into it each time i used nero (i tried about 3 times) but when i used avi2dvd it was significantly earlier, like 2 or 3 minutes in. the third one i tried was dvd santa which got almost halfway (the whole thing is 45 min). but i was really hoping to use nero because i like the menus and stuff you can make, unless there is a program that can make better menus.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

i assure you there is much better when making menus, but still, does the source file play ok throughout?
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• alabaster
          • Jun 2006

yeah the source file is exactly how i want it to be, which is why it's so frustrating that i can't get it to burn that way.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

then i suggest other software, try mediacoder, super or TMPGEnc.
            Columbo moments...

Comment

• alabaster
              • Jun 2006

which of these would you recommend highest?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

lol, TMPGEnc. but i like the other 2 also, super is a very simple easy to use software for a beginner. you will need to author it after though with something like TMPGEnc dvd author. you can get a 30 day full trial. jmet has a guide on it to which i can refer you to, should you choose that route for help if you require it
                Columbo moments...

Comment

• alabaster
                  • Jun 2006

okay so i have downloaded TMPGEnc and super and am hoping like hell that one of them works. thanks a ton LT for your advice and concern.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

as long as the source file is good, it will work. what did you download? super & TMPGEnc dvd author i hope?
                    Columbo moments...

Comment

• alabaster
                      • Jun 2006

okay i had super and TMPGEnc but now i am downloading dvd author also.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

that's fine but if you have TMPGEnc plus, you won't need super.
                        Columbo moments...

Comment

• alabaster
                          • Jun 2006

oh. well that's not a problem. but thanks again for all your help.

Comment

• alabaster
                            • Jun 2006

SUCCESS!! it worked! TMPGEnc Plus worked. oh man thanks columbo for your help.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                              Demigod of Digital Video
                              • Nov 2004

Glad i could be of some assistance
                              Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...