Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vip
    • Apr 2004

Webcam issues.

Got a webcam guys whitch has a built in Speaker, I thought this was pretty cool but I cant get the damn thing to work whitch sucks!
    Anyway, its a Swann Max-i-Swann USB 2.0 Webcam, any ideas on how to get the speaker working?
  • geno888
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Dec 2005

Have you installed the cam drivers?

If I'm not wrong you want to use the cam with a software like skype or messenger. Check in the software options and select the webcam microphone as source for input

Comment

• Vip
      • Apr 2004

yeah, trying to use it for MSN, I tryed what you said but couldnt find the Sorce of input

Comment

• geno888
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Dec 2005

Open a chat with someone and from the window of the chat select menu Tools --> Audio and video setup.

This should work
        Attached Files

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

geno is right, i just bought a logitech cam myself with integrated mic. i too had no sound on MSN. actually the meatball on the other end couldn't hear me, but i could hear them. in the MSN setup shown to you there, you should see a dropdown and option for your cam. see if any driver updates for the cam too.
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• locoeng
            Who Farted?
            • Dec 2005

actually the meatball on the other end couldn't hear me
            @LT

You aren't talking about blu again are you?

If you are using Skype (better IMHO) in the sound options you have three drop down menu choices. Audio should be set to default device, change to your cam's speaker. Voice should be set to your headset or built-in mic on cam or separate mic etc. Thirldy your incoming ring can be set to come through cam speaker, stereo PC speaker etc.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
            Walt Kelly

Comment

• geno888
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by locoeng
              ...Skype (better IMHO)...
              I have an issue using skype: it use much more CPU than MSN when using a webcam. I don't know why, but there is a huge difference: with skype CPU is always between 90 and 100%, whereas with MSN CPU is between 40 and 70%.

Comment

• locoeng
                Who Farted?
                • Dec 2005

I'll check it next time I get on and see if I have similar results. I've actually never used MSN for video conferencing becuase the people I talk to all have Skype.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
                Walt Kelly

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by locoeng
                  @LT

You aren't talking about blu again are you?

If you are using Skype (better IMHO) in the sound options you have three drop down menu choices. Audio should be set to default device, change to your cam's speaker. Voice should be set to your headset or built-in mic on cam or separate mic etc. Thirldy your incoming ring can be set to come through cam speaker, stereo PC speaker etc.
                  no skype, MSN. great free tool. all meatballs i know use it too
                  "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                  Columbo moments...
                  "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                  "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                  (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...