X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dkp93
    • Jul 2006

DVD Writer error

Hello,

I am using WINXP PRO SP1 and till recently was able to read and write to my DVD Drive. Since a couple of days when I try to play my own burnt/written DVD in my DVD writer (Pioneer DVD RW DVR106D) I get an error :
    "No Disk in Drive".
    I have been able to run the DVD once immediately after reboot and after closing "Windows Geuine Advantage" program. But not again after that.

Original DVD's play fine in the DVD drive, which has added to the confusion. And the irony is that my own burnt DVD's are from this very DVD writer.

I have read some articles by Microsoft about UDF issue but nothing is clear.

It appears more like a "on purpose" spy/virus like program that may be installed to prevent users from playing their burnt/written DVD's. (CD's play fine).

Windows Explorer, Nero, PowerDVD all are unable to see the DVD. Why?
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

check the disks? they work fine in everything else but the pioneer?

welcome to the forum

Comment

• dkp93
      • Jul 2006

The disk work fine (I have over 20 of them). I have tired them in Stand alone DVD players. But they do not play in the computer DVD RW Drive.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

it's not unusual for dying drive to read and write cd's fine, but to read pressed dual layer and not burned is strange, might be firmware related?
        Hope it's not software tho, that's scary.

Comment

• jct1999
          • Jul 2006

i had the same issue b4 i redid my pc with a valid copy of winxp pro when i was runing a non Geuine copy maybe a windows thing there doing now just to make life harder on those who dont have legit copys of there software i have heard from a couple people i know that can check out some websites like say bit torrents for example and download what is called a wga windows Geuine advantage bypasser may help **** ths is for info puropses only i do not condone this however**** to download from torrents you need a download client like bitcomet or bitlord which is freeware so there legi just what you down load with may not be so be carefull

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

jct1999

Originally Posted by jct1999
            i had the same issue b4 i redid my pc with a valid copy of winxp pro when i was runing a non Geuine copy maybe a windows thing there doing now just to make life harder on those who dont have legit copys of there software i have heard from a couple people i know that can check out some websites like say bit torrents for example and download what is called a wga windows Geuine advantage bypasser may help **** ths is for info puropses only i do not condone this however**** to download from torrents you need a download client like bitcomet or bitlord which is freeware so there legi just what you down load with may not be so be carefull
            please observe rule 6
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jct1999
              • Jul 2006

i am sorry

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
              please observe rule 6
              sorry i forgot that rule thank you for reminding me i

Comment

• dkp93
                • Jul 2006

I have a legit copy of Win XP Pro, properly activated and all the good stuff. Windows cheks on it and allows me to update WinXP (from what I can see at windows update site is that only if you install this WGA program, that you can get updates).

My concern is that does WGA prevent programs PowerDVD etc from functioning properly or there is someother program that prevents self burnt DVD from being recognized in DVD drives, because original DVD still play fine.

Any thoughts from anyone, please help.

Comment

Working...