Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tiriinx
    • Jul 2006

Divx File Too Big!

Hey, I'm trying to burn a Divx movie (703mb) on a CD but Nero tells me the file is 0.5MB too big!

Is there a way to make the movie file a bit smaller without damaging the movie? Or maybe cutting a little piece of the movie to make is smaller?
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

absolutely there is, use virtualdub, cut off a tad of the end/start of the clip or else lower the bitrate
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• tiriinx
      • Jul 2006

That seems like a nice enough program, but how do I save the changes in the Divx format? It seems like I can only save in plain old AVI format, which makes the file 6000mb.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

that's becaused you are not selecting compression. go to video>compression>divx, adjust bitrate under "configure" if you need a tad to fit on one cd
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• celtic_druid
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Dec 2005

Still give you an avi instead of a .divx file. Not sure if there are any tools for trimming that keep divx features (chapters, menus, etc.).

703MB's you could just overburn or use a short leadout.

Comment

• langecornu
            • Jul 2006

Originally Posted by tiriinx
            Hey, I'm trying to burn a Divx movie (703mb) on a CD but Nero tells me the file is 0.5MB too big!

Is there a way to make the movie file a bit smaller without damaging the movie? Or maybe cutting a little piece of the movie to make is smaller?
            It's easy, Just use DivX Converter and select 'Limit size to 700Mb'

Here is the instructions

Drag and drop your file on to the Converter and then click on "View List". Once there, click on the "Modify" button from the dialog screen. A new window will appear that will allow you to make changes to the following:
            • Certification profile
            • File Size
            • Resolution
            • Bitrate
            If you dont have the DivX Converter, you can download it Here

Comment

Working...