X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vuth Bora
    • Jul 2006

Converting VCD

Hi all,

I want to convert a VCD to any file in computer(mpg,mp4 etc) in small size.
    The video is 19mn. I have tried Xilisoft, but the size is so large, around 120MB.

I want to know what are the free license tool that I can use to convert this VCD to a small size video (for putting on the web)???

Thanks for responses!!!
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

a VCD is an MPEG1...should be able to just copy it to your hard drive by clicking "copy" if you're using windows.

Comment

• celtic_druid
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Dec 2005

It will still have the RIFF/CDXA header though, plus be 190MB's.

Plenty of free tools. For the web though you might want to go with a VP62 flash file.

Comment

• mescalero
        • Jul 2006

Hi Fellowes,
        I'm new at this and can't help being amazed at the volumn of info one can get for this site for a newbie like me, for this reason I thank each and every one of you that made this site possible. My friend soduah referred me to his site and I've been reading all day, my goodness it's incredible.
        Anyways, I recorded a some problem from the TV and I'm now trying to convert and record the show to a DVD to be able to play it on a stand-alone and got stuck. Can anyone help?

Comment

• rsquirell
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Feb 2003

Hi...welcome to the forums. Your question is off-topic to this thread...so don't be bashful...start a new thread and ask your question. Identify the hardware and software you are using and someone here with direct experience on your process will help you out.

Comment

• mescalero
            • Jul 2006

Thanks so much Rsquirell, I'll start a thread when I figure how to do that.

Comment

• rsquirell
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Feb 2003

When you "back" out of this thread and scroll down you'll see a button on the left ( "new post")...click it.

Comment

Working...