Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MASTER Brian
    • Jul 2006

DVD Burning Software

I hope I'm putting this in the right area...

I am having troubles burning DVD's and CD's with NTI CD & DVD Maker Gold version 6.7x, which is what came with my Acer laptop. The problem is that when I try to burn a dvd or cd, the entire system flashes a blue screen, then shuts the computer down. I have re-installed the software and it works fine for a few disks, then returns. I have sent the computer in for warranty work several times and they never seem to fix the issue. The last time they had it for over 2 weeks and only re-loaded the operating system, causing me another week of program loading and resetting user settings. It's finally out of warranty, though I think they'd take it back under warranty, but I don't want to be without for another few weeks.

Is there a possiblity that one of my other dvd ripping programs is causing the error? I have decryptor, shrink, dvd 4 free, daemon, and any dvd installed as well. Most of which aren't normally running.

Is there another program that I could buy/download that would work? I've noticed that the problem happens when I try to copy a CD from another CD, or when I try to create a backup on a DVD +RW using the drag and drop in NTI DVD maker. Backing up DVD's using shrink or decryptor works fine.

Any ideas?? Thanks....
  • MASTER Brian
    • Jul 2006

Ok, after posting this, I tried opening NTI with some other programs shut down and it immediately crashed my system. ARGHHH...

Comment

• RFBurns
      To Infinity And Byond
      • May 2006

Hi!

I might be wrong with this, but I believe that the other programs do not interfere with the drives you have unless those programs are running while running the NTI program at the same time.

I have 4 other burning programs besides the freebie programs and never have any trouble at all but I have run into conflicts if I have DVDecryptor running while its burning and some other proggie open burning off or copying a CD for instance, the whole system just lags tremendously and sometimes would lock up, so I make sure I only have one program running at any given time.

Hope this helps....please correct if I am wrong anyone.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• MASTER Brian
        • Jul 2006

That's what I would think as well, but something has to be causing this.

DVD4Free and Daemon install at startup. I have tried turning them off, but I don't know if any of these are running in the background. Can anyone tell me what files might be showing in the task manager to look for?

Also, is there a place to view what was flashed on the blue screen before it crashes? Like I said before, it's too fast to read anything.

Comment

Working...