Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caldera
    • Jul 2006

hey guys i am new at this avatar stuff could someone tell me an easy avatar program that will capture clips from movies or dvds so that i may create an avatar for myself thanks so much sorry for asking a dumb question but u gotta start somewhere.

• codajohn
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jul 2005

There are plenty free Avatar sites. Just Google "free avatars."
    Try this -
    CJ
    My DVD Collection
    Register To Join Digital Video Forums

Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop, Windows XP Home SP 2 (build 2600), 2.80GH Pent 4, ST94811A 40GB HD, 2GB RAM, NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A 104D, ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700, External 250GB Maxtor HD, External LG-5163D A105

IBM ThinkCenter 8189, XP Pro, 3.2GH Pentium 4, 120 GB HD, 1GB Ram, BENQ DW1650 BCIC, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

The Golden Rules of Burning

Comment

• smkymntgrl
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Feb 2005

Originally Posted by caldera
      hey guys i am new at this avatar stuff could someone tell me an easy avatar program that will capture clips from movies or dvds so that i may create an avatar for myself thanks so much sorry for asking a dumb question but u gotta start somewhere.

You can use WinDvd or PowerDvd to capture stills from a movie to use.

BTW, not a dumb question, I asked a similar one once myself You can't find the answer if you don't ever ask the question!

Smkymntgrl

Check for Firmware Updates HERE.
      Read THIS to Find Out How to Find and Post Your Nero Log.
      READ the Golden Rules of Burning.

Knowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens
      - Jimi Hendrix

Comment

• dvddaze
        digital video enthusiast
        • Jul 2006

I've come across it myself on the WinDvd installed on my pc, its full name is InterVideo WinDvd-my version is WinDvd 3.1 DXVA.

If you use the WinDVD Plus (as you have a choice with WinDVD2 as well-if you r/click on the player)

Where you'll notice the controls for it, you click on the arrow on the bottom right, you should see a camera, but if its greyed/shaded in you cant use it-copyright reasons?

The pics you take are located in the WinDVD folder. Here is the path you can follow-> C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\WinDVD Capture
        That's where mine were stored, i hope that's cleared that up for you.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

virtualdubMOD too, free. resize with a photo editing program.
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...