how to home movies on VHS to DVD please help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SugarMagnolia
    • Jul 2006

how to home movies on VHS to DVD please help!

Hello - If anyone can help please do! I bought a TV capture card and installed onmy PC I can get my cable thru it and record it and maybe I was wrong but I thought I could transfer my VHS thru it to the computer to dvd by hookiing my VCR up thru the tv capture's coaxle hook up BUT however I don't know if I am wrong or if I am not doing something right but I have hooked the vcr up to it and pushed play and nothing happens so anyone please help !!! Thanks Samantha
  • RFBurns
    To Infinity And Byond
    • May 2006

Hi! If you are using the coaxial connection, the tv tuner card has to be tuned to the channel output that the vcr is set for, usually ch 3 or 4. Try changing the channel on the tuner card to 3 or 4 and it should work.For cleaner video transfer, use the RCA video and audio outputs on the vcr to the video and audio inputs on the capture card instead, that is if the tuner card has this capability of accepting external inputs other than the coaxial connection.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• thadude
      RipTha****OutOfIt
      • Dec 2005

I have a vga card with video in.Can i connect the vcr???
      and how do i do this???
      thanks in advance
      Better Die on my feet than live on my knees....

Comment

• toomanycats
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2005

thadude: The Yellow output of the VCR goes to the yellow input of the PC Video card. You will have to get an adapter to connect the audio to the sound board. These are available at Radio Shack. It is a 1/8th stereo jack to RCA adapter. If you are doing mono audio hook up the white audilo output on the vcr to the RCA jack on the adapter. Make sure you select Line in on your video card if necessary.

Comment

Working...