Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingaaa
    • Mar 2006

Looking for good software

This might not belong here, but I thought I'd ask anyway.I know most software packages are bundled now, so I'm looking for a good avi burning programme that will also burn all types of music files onto a dvd-r, and be able to play them in my set-top box.Any body any reccomendations?

Thanks
  • locoeng
    Who Farted?
    • Dec 2005

Try VSO's ConvertXtoDVD, there is a trial version which leaves a watermark but you can see how it works before you lay any money down.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
    Walt Kelly

Comment

• kingaaa
      • Mar 2006

Originally Posted by locoeng
      Try VSO's ConvertXtoDVD, there is a trial version which leaves a watermark but you can see how it works before you lay any money down.

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

Looks good, but I'm looking for an all-in package that will burn my music files onto cd-r/dvd-r.I did'nt see anything about this on they're website,or maybe I just missed it?

Comment

• locoeng
        Who Farted?
        • Dec 2005

That program does have a burn engine built in, give it a try....can't hurt with the trial version. If it doensn't then there is always Nero.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
        Walt Kelly

Comment

• kingaaa
          • Mar 2006

I had nero, nothing but trouble.I always had lip-sync problems when burning video files, and it would burn music dvd's, but not mixed ones i.e. mp3, wma,real audio ect...ect..., it would only burn one type to one disc.I also had roxio, man that was even worse, probably the slowest software I ever used.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

i think you just need to find something better for avi conversion, nero is still good for the burning and making your music cd's.
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• ed klein
              Banned
              • Mar 2004

Musicmatch Plus for audio, mp3 buildable, and can burn to CD/DVD.

Comment

• katzdvd
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Feb 2006

LT,

do you use the "full" pay vers. of nero, or the bundled software?

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

I would use dvd's for video files and cd's for audio files.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by katzdvd
                    LT,

do you use the "full" pay vers. of nero, or the bundled software?
                    i have both, but all i use and have installed is the OEM at the moment. (6.6.0.8) it's all i need from nero
                    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                    Columbo moments...
                    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• katzdvd
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Feb 2006

Reason I asked;

I was wondering if Nero full vers. saves the files in a proprietary format, or if you are able to open Nero edited files in another program?

Does the full vers. offer many video transitions & fades to black (or white)?

thanks

Comment

• oldhack
                        • Nov 2005

i use VSO's " copytoDVD" for audio and video. Havent had any problems with audio at all.This is for dvd and cd's.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                          Demigod of Digital Video
                          • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by katzdvd
                          Reason I asked;

I was wondering if Nero full vers. saves the files in a proprietary format, or if you are able to open Nero edited files in another program?

Does the full vers. offer many video transitions & fades to black (or white)?

thanks
                          i haven't used nero for such things, i always use something else. when nero gets my videos, they are ready to burn. someone who uses nero for that may answer better.
                          Columbo moments...

Comment

• kingaaa
                            • Mar 2006

Originally Posted by Chewy
                            I would use dvd's for video files and cd's for audio files.
                            Chewy, I mostly do that, but sometimes it's handy to have some music burned onto dvd.I would use these for the likes of BBQ's or parties, and also as I have learned recently, it's no harm to have your music files backed up.I have about 15000 music files, thats a lot of cd's! I'll agree nero was ok for burning music, but for some reason it would'nt let me make a mixed cd or dvd, even if it was just mp3's and wma's.
                            Last edited by kingaaa; 29 Jul 2006, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Chewy
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2003

wma's and their drm, are for the birds, an mp3 cd can hold 700 minutes of music, that's over 11 hours. One of my DJ clients has about 100 gigs of mp3's
                              and another 60 gigs of karaoke, he uses a tower at home(with 2 hard drives),
                              a 80 gig laptop with 160 gig external drive. Everything is backed up on 2seperate hard drives. Digitizing and ripping all this was a bear, moving it from cd's to computers was bad enough, putting it back on cd's or dvd's, forget it.

Comment

Working...