Burnt & Bought Movies Skipping/Freezing At End of Movie - Did a Search - HELP!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RFBurns
    To Infinity And Byond
    • May 2006

Originally Posted by inddoc
    My Sony Dream System DAVC700's tray assembly gets stuck, very frequently recently. Can't play DVDs or get them out. Have to open the player and turn / rotate the belts a few times before the assembly "clicks" and starts working again. I think the belts have got worn (3 yr old system). Where do I get new belts? Called Sony, they cannot help. Any other way to "strenghten" the belts again? Any help will be appreciated!

There is a technique to help make the belts have grip again. Use isopropyl alcohol on a soft cloth and clean all sides of the belt. Then take a small Q-Tip and use the same stuff on the belt pullys.

This will work if the belts are not streched or extremely old. It is not a permanent fix, but will work awhile until replacement belts can be found.

Be carefull to not get any of the fluid on the cosmetic parts of the unit and definately not any on the optic block lens!!!!! If you do, that lens will become ruined and the optic block useless.

...ps..this same technique can be used for revitalizing capstan pinch rollers on vcr's and cassette/reel to reel decks.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• toomanycats
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Apr 2005

I hope this doesn't sound stupid but DVD's play from the inside out. How loud is the sound when you are playing your movies? Is the player located near a sub-woofer? It may be that that you are getting wow and flutter at the ends caused by vibrations which is throwing the DVD's out of sync. I would try putting the player somewhere you know is neutral for vibration. Just a thought because you say it is happening with 2 different make players and store bought and home recorded DVD's.

Comment

• cathybettoney
        • Oct 2006

Another thing

I searched this site when I was having trouble with my Samsung DVD player stopping and starting. Cleaning the player and the DVD didn't help. My husband commented that it looked as though a computer was trying to process information. I did call tech support, and they told me to unplug the DVD player for 15 minutes, then plug it in again. I unplugged it for actually longer than 15 minutes, plugged it in again, and now it works fine. Guess it has to reset every so often.

Comment

• toomanycats
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Apr 2005

In my TV repair shop we used to hurry that process by (WHEN THE UNIT IS UNPLUGGED FROM THE WALL OUTLET!!!) touching a screwdriver across the plug, this discharges the capacitors in the unit and resets it. Doesn't work on all of them.

Comment

Working...