Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • axis_d
    • Aug 2003

video camera needs cleaning?

Hey everyone. I dont know if my video camera needs cleaning or if something else could be the problem. I figured I'd let you guys give some advice before I take it to some place that could be telling me anything.
    I never really had any problems with my camcorder. Its a panasonic DV952. but out of nowhere it started acting funny with the mini DV tapes. Whenever I put one in, it will play the tape to some extent, but it will make little blocky horizontal lines going across it. it almost looks like it took frames from one image and it just got stuck there. It also stopped playing audio. I'm not sure what the problem here could be, but if you guys could give some advice i'd appreciate it!
  • axis_d
    • Aug 2003

i'll try again.. anyone?

Comment

• bill7621
      It could be worse.
      • Jun 2005

I don't know anything about your camcorder, but it could be your heads need a good cleaning. Have you done this lately? It's worth a try.
      Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed!

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

I suspect that your Panasonic DV952's head may need cleaning. Please take a look at the link below for more information about the cleaner kit for you camcorder. I think you'll be able to find it in your local store

Regards

Comment

• axis_d
          • Aug 2003

actually I've never cleaned the heads. I'll try that out before i take it to a shop. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...