Virtualdubmod Audio Problem (after ripping)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J8son
    • Jun 2005

Virtualdubmod Audio Problem (after ripping)

I ripped a DVD to my hard drive and then opened it in Virtualdubmod.
    I scan forward and create an In and Out point for the section I want and then save the file as an uncompressed .avi.

However, when I play the video back the audio is out of sync. The video is the correct segment that I determined by my in/out points but the audio is from a portion of the DVD further ahead (almost 30-60 seconds ahead).

Anyone know the solution to this problem?
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

Make sure you use direct stream copy for audio in VirtualDubMod

Regards

Comment

• J8son
      • Jun 2005

Originally Posted by benbryant
      Make sure you use direct stream copy for audio in VirtualDubMod

Regards
      I'm able to set the video to Direct Stream Copy but I don't see an option for audio in VirtualDubMod anywhere.

I do see that option in regular VirtualDub but it does not expect DVD files.

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

When you load the file in VirtualDubMod, go to Stream (on the toolbar) > Stream list > Right-click the Input file and select "Direct strean copy"

Regards

Comment

• paglamon
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

@J8son, try VirtualdubMPEG2 instead of Virtualdubmod. The former is more stable and easier to configure.
          sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• J8son
            • Jun 2005

Originally Posted by benbryant
            When you load the file in VirtualDubMod, go to Stream (on the toolbar) > Stream list > Right-click the Input file and select "Direct strean copy"

Regards
            Direct Stream Copy is selected by default in the Stream List option. I re-rendered the clip with the same audio problem?

Any other ideas before I have to try a new program? I'd like to do it in VirtualDubMod if possible.

Does VirtualdubMPEG2 have an uncompressed option?

Comment

• benbryant
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Aug 2005

What kind of audio format does your movie file have? AC3 by any chance? If it is, go back to Stream > Stream list > press Save WAV button and save the audio file in WAV format. Next, press Disable button to disable the current audio file. Click Add button and go to the WAV file you saved earlier and add that file to the Stream list. After that process the video and the new WAV file as normal. Hopefully, that way will stop the sync problem

Regards

Comment

Working...