Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • movienuthouse
    • Sep 2006

Turning AVI Into DVDs FREE?

Hello All, I am new here as you can see, and I am new to AVI to DVD, I used to make VCD's a few years back using TMPGEnc (when it was free) and Nero for the burning part, I still have the free version of TMPGEnc which allows Mpeg 1 and 2 to be made, basically the same as the trial version, but it does not have the 'wizard' at the start....

Okay, so now I am after a FREE dvd Authoring Program like TMPGEnc Dvd Author, as it costs 89.95 and thats a bit steep I think, is there any freeware out there that will do the same job, or does anyone recommend something else thats easy to use and cheaper if there is no freeware?

Also, I forget all the settings for TMPGEnc for transfering to Mpeg2, so I followed an article on this site, the movie came out fine, but it had no sound, does anyone know why this would be happening.
    I am using the same source for video and audio which is an AVI file.
    I have it set at 25fps and 44000 Stereo, and followed the article:

A guide on converting DivX/XviD files to MPEG-2 (eg. for making a DVD) (page 3 of 3)

My TMPGEnc is different (but uses the same kind of process, just setup differently), so for the first go I downloaded the new trial version so I could play with that for 30 days until I learn, and still no sound, just perfect image..... and now once I master that, I still need to get it onto dvd.

Also can you still join 2 or 3 AVI files with TMPGEnc and put them onto DVD with an Authoring Program, would that work?

Any help with this would be great, what do people out there use, and whats easy and good (and cheap or free) way to turn my AVI's into watchable PAL DVD's to watch on my home entertainment system... thats my goal.

Thanks for your time folks, any information, links etc, would be greatly appreciated.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

welcome

see here for extra help on your problems
    Talk about the TMPGEnc line of software, including TMPGEnc Express, MPEG Editor and TMPGEnc DVD Author

Also, I forget all the settings for TMPGEnc for transfering to Mpeg2, so I followed an article on this site, the movie came out fine, but it had no sound, does anyone know why this would be happening.
    I am using the same source for video and audio which is an AVI file.
    I have it set at 25fps and 44000 Stereo, and followed the article:
    for dvd you need 48 000Hz, i guess you used the VCD settings.

I still have the free version of TMPGEnc which allows Mpeg 1 and 2 to be made, basically the same as the trial version, but it does not have the 'wizard' at the start...
    free version, Mpeg-1 only. to access the wizard go to file>project wizard. when it opens, at the bottom left corner make sure the enable wizard option is checked, this way it opens with the software.

as far as joining the avi's, it's easiest and best to do it at the authoring stage.
    Last edited by LT. Columbo; 6 Sep 2006, 06:59 PM.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...