Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davinstarr
    • Sep 2006

ripping and conversion from DVD to MOV

I'm using DVD Shrink to extract DVD footage. I was told it would bypass encoding stuff, but it seems pretty random when it decides to and when it doesn't. I also need a quick program that will convert DVD Movie files to Quicktime MOV files. Everything I find doesn't do MOV, and that's what I need. Thanks. Phillip Kelly
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

I was told it would bypass encoding stuff, but it seems pretty random when it decides to and when it doesn't.
    if you've set it up so it doesn't apply compression it won't encode (even though IIRC it says it's "encoding")

I also need a quick program that will convert DVD Movie files to Quicktime MOV files. Everything I find doesn't do MOV, and that's what I need.
    quicktime should be able to; is there a particular reason it must be mov?
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• davinstarr
      • Sep 2006

I'm sorry I meant MOV as in .mov files as in Quick Time files. The files I have are DVD Movie files and I need them to become Quick Time files for editing purposes. I need them .mov for editing purposes.

As for the DVD Shrink I'll make sure I keep the compression off (which I thought I had been doing. Actually it wouldn't load the DVD onto the Shrink because it said it had encoding. I didn't even get a chance to pick the compression.

More later.

Thanks

Phil
      Last edited by davinstarr; 7 Sep 2006, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• celtic_druid
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Dec 2005

So basically you want DV files? Whether it is in a quicktime container or not shouldn't matter.

Comment

• davinstarr
          • Sep 2006

Actually, my editing software won't import DVD Movie files. It only recognizes QT files. It also recognizes AVI, but it doesn't play them so well.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
            NOT an online superstore
            • Oct 2005

That's probably compression. Use AutoGK and make an AVI of it, then load that and see how it works.

Or get another editing software
            CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
            Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
            My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...