X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xtrak
    • Jul 2006

Avi to DVD conversion

I have been using this program many times with no problems

but now when I start encoding the following error occurs:"matrix.ini file is missing!" despite the fact that this file is located everywhere it needs to be.

What's the problem?

btw, for maximum quality I'm using the following:

encoder NuEnc
    Trellis Quant
    4 Pass Encoding

Do you think I can do better?
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

There seemed to be the problem before when using this tool with NuEnc encoder. You can check it out from here for suggestion the work around

IMHO, please try different encoders such as HCEnc, QuEnc, or FreeEnc to see if the problem stops. I've never try NuEnc with 4 pass encoding before. I usually used HCEnc 0.18 and the the result is always great enough to me

Regards
    Last edited by benbryant; 9 Sep 2006, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• xtrak
      • Jul 2006

Yes, of course I tried with all available encoders, the message is always the same. Should I format the disc? I already tried reinstalling the program, using safe mode and everything else I could think of?

P.S.
      Do you think there is a big difference between encoders that have the option of passes vs the ones who just have option of general profiles(best, fast, etc.)?

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

4 Pass Encoding
        overkill IMHO. any encoder that actually (visibly) benefits from doing more than 3 passes needs some work on its rate control, in most cases you should lower it to 2 or even 3 if you have patience.

as for the error message, found the fellow's new thread http://www.trustfm.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=231

Do you think there is a big difference between encoders that have the option of passes vs the ones who just have option of general profiles(best, fast, etc.)?
        a few comparisons have been posted in the forum, try the search function. i rather like HCEnc
        Last edited by anonymez; 9 Sep 2006, 07:13 AM.
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...