Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thatoneguy22
    • Sep 2006

Problems importing files from hard drive camera

I got the new sony camera a few months ago that has a 30gb hard-drive on it. THe thing is great except for when I go to import the files onto the computer and use them in Adobe, when I finish and burn the DVD the images are a little choppy. SOund seems ok but images are choppy.. Anyone have any suggestions or have expereince with one of these cameras?
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

I don't own a Sony hard disk camcorder. But from what I read, it contains a 30GB hard-disk drive and records video in MPEG2 format. There are three quality modes: HP records at 9Mbps (megabits per second), SP records at 6Mbps and LP records at 3Mbps. This works out to between 7 hours and 20 minutes of recording time and 20 hours 50 minutes of time depending on the mode. The recorded video can be transferred to PC via USB 2.0 interface. So if you have choppy video, please check what recording mode you selected and increase the bitrate if needed to improve the quality

Regards

Comment

• RFBurns
      To Infinity And Byond
      • May 2006

Hi!

It would be a good idea to preview the imported video on the PC prior to working with them in the Adobe program. That way you can narrow down where the choppy problem is originating. It should not matter what quality mode you select during recording. If the videos look fine when you play them back and view them on the camera's viewfinder or LCD screen, we can rule out the recording phase and the camera itself.

Its possible that maybe during the "dump" from the camera to the PC is the cause. Some strange communication error is happening as the video transfers to the PC. Again, preview the imported video on the computer. If the videos play ok on the PC, then we can rule out the transfer process (import).

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• thatoneguy22
        • Sep 2006

thank you ill try some of that

Comment

Working...