Problem playing internet clips in Media Player 10 and 11. Need help.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • overboard
    Junior Mint
    • Dec 2005

Problem playing internet clips in Media Player 10 and 11. Need help.

Hello, I thought I'd post this here to see if anyone else has run into this.

When I click on a video clip link (mpg) that used to open WMP and play the file, it now hesitates and then shows the first frame of the clip and plays the audio but the picture just stays on the first frame while the audio continues to run. I have not made any changes to my system that I'm aware of. This just came out of nowhere. I can play avi's from my hard drive fine but when I click on a video link in a webpage it does this. It's weird because it will play clips that are imbedded into webpages. This prob only happens when I click a clip link that opens WMP seperate from the page. Weird! I get no error messges! It's like it's a codec problem. But it was working fine for so long until earlier today.

Anyone have any ideas here?

I have since upgraded to WMP 11 with the hopes that this problem would correct itself but it hasn't. I cleaned spyware with adaware and spybot and nothing helps. What happened here?

Thanks
    OVERBOARD
  • overboard
    Junior Mint
    • Dec 2005

OK more info.

I just right clicked on the mpeg clip and saved it to my desktop. WMP plays it fine. It just has some kind of problem playing it from the website? I loaded the clip into Gspot and it says the codecs are all installed fine for it too.
    OVERBOARD

Comment

• overboard
      Junior Mint
      • Dec 2005

I made some discoveries.

This was all wrong! If I click on the mpeg clip and wait a few seconds it loads but freezes with just the first frame of video....audio continues to run fine. Now if I close WMP and then click the web link for the clip it will open and play fine. It seems it will only play the clip if it is loaded in the my temp internet files. If I delete these it won't play the clip.

Is there some setting that I need to adjust maybe?
      Last edited by overboard; 26 Sep 2006, 10:39 AM. Reason: Made another observation...
      OVERBOARD

Comment

• overboard
        Junior Mint
        • Dec 2005

Video Example Link CLick Here
        Here is an example of what I am talking about. At that link I should be able to click play and WMP will open, connect and buffer and then play this clip. But it will not and I don't know why.
        OVERBOARD

Comment

Working...