Anybody Test This New DVD Back-up Procedure?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ed klein
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

Anybody Test This New DVD Back-up Procedure?

Using:
    DVDFabDecrypter 3.0.2.0 in movie only mode
    DVD Rebuilder freeware version 098 using one click mode
    (with option checked for Imageburn)
    and using HC 018 encoder
    Imageburn 2.1.0.0

1. Rip movie with DVDFabDecrypter in movie only mode. Should be DVD compliant after rip.

2. Load MOVIE ONLY in DVD rebuilder freeware (version 098) using the encoder HC018 and check option for DIRECT ISO image creation and burn using Imageburn.

3. Put blank DVD-5 disk in DVD-RW, and set options in Imageburn probably in build mode.

4. Should be completed in approximately 4 hours, for a two hour movie only, and ready to watch.

Last edited by ed klein; 1 Oct 2006, 07:15 AM.
  • discman
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jul 2006

why bother with dvd rebuilder?.movie only should require little if any compression.why not just open the files in
    dvd shrink check the size there if it's still too big
    strip off subpics audio streams then if that gets
    the size down select no compression output
    an i.s.o burn with imgburn.

Comment

• Furiousg
      If you have any poo....throw it now
      • Dec 2005

That would totally depend on your source of course Movie only may still require a decent amount of compression. And perhaps you may like to add a few filters to clean up a noisey source??

I like to check the estimated compression with Shrink and inspect the source quality, then if the compression is any more than 10% I use RB-Pro/Procoder.
      -FuriousG-

Comment

• discman
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Jul 2006

each to there own.everybody has there own way of doing things.whether that's dvd's or anything else.

Comment

• jamoskeag3
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Nov 2005

@discman, I agree with furious. Often even if you are doing movie only and get rid of some audio, etc, the dvd still requires compression. So quality can still be an issue in the movie only mode. I tend to use deep analysis in these cases.

Comment

• Furiousg
            • Dec 2005

It can't hurt. The only drawback is a little longer to complete the project.
            -FuriousG-

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

To answer the ? (no).

Comment

• toomanycats
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Apr 2005

4 Hours for a movie only backup? That seems to be a long time. I can usually do a movie only with 10% or less compression in 45 minutes. Burns is about 8 mins. Either you guys need more RAM or faster processors. I am an advocate of movie only though and have found that when you get rid of the "stuff" you don't need you usually get around 96% of the movie.

Comment

• Furiousg
                  • Dec 2005

You can't possibly be using DVD Rebuilder in that case. I suspect I haven't ever come under the 4 hour mark for any encode I have completed with Procoder/Rebuilder.
                  As I said earlier, if the required amount of compression is quite low I will simply use Shrink and DA/AEC, which normally takes the approximate time you mentioned.
                  -FuriousG-

Comment

• toomanycats
                    Digital Video Expert
                    Digital Video Expert
                    • Apr 2005

Definately not using DvdRebuilder. I do what you do. I am extremely lazy so rather than waste 4 hours of computer time I would (as in Lord of The Rings) just split the movie into multiple .ISO's as to have no compression. Since I watch all my movies at 80 Inches on a projector any compression shows up and renders the movie unwatchable. I just downloaded DvdRebuilder but to be honest I have't used it yet, it is so time consuming. When I go on motorhome trips my TV is a 27" Sony so compression isn't an issue then but I strive to get no less that 92%. Any more than that and it look lousy on the big screen.

Comment

• gonwk
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Dec 2005

I am not very patient at all ... I use DVDS and if the compression is above 70% for movie only ... i am happy and i let it rip and burn with ImgBurn ... and that is it.
                      For movies that are over 2 1/2 hours and "Classic" .. .for example "Godfather" I split the movie into 2 dvds for no or little compression. I am too cheap to pay $1 something for a DL when I can spend 60cents for 2dvd.

G!

Comment

• a2j3
                        If it aint broke, don't fix it
                        • Feb 2006

Im with soup on this nope. Im also not very patient. I want my movie ready in 1/2 hour max. hehehehe
                        sigpic

Comment

• ed klein
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2004

What I was really looking for in this post is the relationship between DVD rebuilder freeware (098) and Imageburn 2.1.0.0 and to find out if ANYONE has done a DIRECT successfull burn using the option checked in DVD rebuilder and NOT how long it takes DVD rebuilder to encode a movie only.

Comment

• Furiousg
                            • Dec 2005

That is the only method I employ. Although I do use the Pro version. I run it overnight, and I wake up to a freshly burnt backup
                            -FuriousG-

Comment

• elizerrojas
                              Digital Video Technician
                              Digital Video Technician
                              • Jan 2005

Rebuilder-pro($10, then)HC(free and great)/ main movie only is great. considering price and time.

Comment

Working...