X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TNT
    DVD Shrinker
    • Jan 2004

Don't Use Google Checkout!

I just wanted to relay an experience I just had.

As some of you may know, I was interested in an external HD and I placed an order at buy.com. I've ordered from them many times before and I've never had a problem. They had this offer for $10 off if you use google checkout which is a new service they're trying. So I figured what the heck. I placed the order and a couple of days later, I received an e-mail from google telling me that buy.com cancelled my order. They didn't tell me why they cancelled the order. I called buy.com and found out that it was google that cancelled my order. To make matters worse, the price has gone up by $20 since I placed the order, and buy.com won't honor the price when I placed my order. They say I have to order on-line.

SO, not only did I not get my product, I missed out on a great price because of google checkout. I would recommend that you guys stay away. Google doesn't have a telephone number (If they do, it's EXTREMEY well hidden) to field complaints. I'm extremely upset with them.
    Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder.
    I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape. - George Carlin

How to choose an HDTV, Step by Step
  • mill
    Im Off To See The Wizard
    • Oct 2005

Thanks for the heads up TNT, Guess Google to busy counting there millions
    Keep Plugin away

Comment

• jm1647
      An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
      • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by TNT
      Google doesn't have a telephone number (If they do, it's EXTREMEY well hidden) to field complaints. I'm extremely upset with them.

I found a phone number for google listed here

Google is here to help. Discover our office locations and different ways to contact us so that we can provide you with the support you need.

Google Inc.
      1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
      Mountain View, CA 94043
      USA

Tel: +1 (650) 253 0000
      Fax: +1 (650) 618 1499

hmm and just found this listed

Google is here to help. Discover our office locations and different ways to contact us so that we can provide you with the support you need.

Google Inc.
      1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
      Mountain View, CA 94043
      phone: (650) 253-0000
      fax: (650) 253-0001
      Last edited by jm1647; 12 Oct 2006, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• TNT
        DVD Shrinker
        • Jan 2004

Thanks.

After pushing a bunch of buttons I got "Google does not provide live customer support at this time. . ." Go to the website blah blah blah.

The only other number that I got was 866-2google which is just for advertising.

They really don't want to talk to you.

I tried listing my wife's business on google, and it is literally as bad as dealing with a governmental agency. Actually, I take that back. At least you can talk to an uncaring person at the DMV (Dept of Motor Vehicles).
        Last edited by TNT; 31 Oct 2006, 01:43 AM.

Comment

• jm1647
          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by TNT
          Thanks.

After pushing a bunch of buttons I got "Google does not provide live customer support at this time. . ." Go to the website blah blah blah.

The only other number that I got was 866-2google which is just for advertising.

They really don't want to talk to you.

I tried listing my wife's business on google, and it is literally as bad ad dealing with a governmental agency. Actually, I take that back. At least you can talk to an uncaring person at the DMV (Dept of Motor Vehicles).
          here is another number from here

We call and talk to The IRS Customer Service for you, or wait on hold and get a live rep for you- for free. If you want to do the dialing, waiting, and talking yourself, we tell you the best time to call, how to talk to a real person, and what to say.

Google dial 650‑623‑4000 Press 0 to get a human

Good Luck!!!!

Comment

• TNT
            DVD Shrinker
            • Jan 2004

Thanks jm1647,

I called them and I got to a person whose job was basically to direct calls and tell everybody else that you have to e-mail the specific department. They just don't have telephone customer support.

I did e-mail them but so far, nothing.

It's very frustrating when you can't physically talk to someone.

Comment

• AlienX69
              Interstellar Traveler
              • Feb 2005

Originally Posted by TNT
              The ones that get me is when you do get a live person nad they are in another country and English is not the primary lang .... got one once and I couldn't understand a word he was saying ....

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by TNT
                Thanks jm1647,

I called them and I got to a person whose job was basically to direct calls and tell everybody else that you have to e-mail the specific department. They just don't have telephone customer support.

I did e-mail them but so far, nothing.

A company as big as google oughta have live 24/7 toll free support, now that they are more than a search engine and free email. Especially with this google checkout thing where they are going to be handling peoples money.

Ah well at least ya got to a human It was worth a shot.
                Maybe your local Better Business Bureau can get their attention?

Comment

• TNT
                  DVD Shrinker
                  • Jan 2004

At this point, I'm just happy they didn't charge me for anything. Just not worth the hassle if you ask me. Thanks for all your help though.

Comment

• TNT
                    DVD Shrinker
                    • Jan 2004

As expected I got a form letter from google suggesting that I ask buy.com. It's really sad.

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by TNT
                      As expected I got a form letter from google suggesting that I ask buy.com. It's really sad.
                      No problem with the help

Yep, what a shame !!!

Comment

Working...