Does Sony DVP-NS501P Progressive Scan DVD Player plays MPG video clips?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tezarin
    • Oct 2006

Does Sony DVP-NS501P Progressive Scan DVD Player plays MPG video clips?

Hi,

I live in the US and have a Sony DVP-NS501P Progressive Scan DVD Player and in its products specifications it says: "DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD-VR, DVD, CD, JPEG/MP3 CD-R/RW playback ".

Does that mean it can play MPG video files, you know, those clips we usually watch on our PC and laptops.

Thanks in advance
  • RFBurns
    To Infinity And Byond
    • May 2006

Howdy!

Im a Sony engineer, I work with the design team here in the US. That unit, and perhaps other brands as well, cannot play raw mpeg video files burned to a disc in data format. The player can only recognize the mp3 data format.

What you need to do is take those mpeg video files and create either a VCD (Video Compact Disc) format disc or a DVD (DVD-Video) format disc. Then the unit will be able to play them.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• tezarin
      • Oct 2006

RFBurns.

Many thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your help.

I would like to ask you for step by step help if you don't mind, starting fresh here's what I've done so far:

1) Downloaded the FLV files from YouTube.

2) Change the format to MPG files using "Total Video Converter" I found here: http://www.download.com/Total-Video-...ml?tag=lst-0-1

3) I installed the software and used the "NTSC VCD MPG" as desired output. Was I supposed to pick PAL or DVD MPG or the one I picked was ok?

4) Now that the output files are all in MPG format, what software should I be using to create my VCD?

Thanks in advance and sorry for asking many questions.

Tezarin

Comment

• tezarin
        • Oct 2006

hi again,

I just used that Total Video converter and it converted them but messed up the sound so bad so the output had pictures but not sound! I guess I need your help with converting FLV to the desired format first

Thanks in advance

Comment

• RFBurns
          To Infinity And Byond
          • May 2006

Hello!

I am not familiar with the program you are using to create the VCD compliant mpeg files. There must be some setting within that program, maybe within its configurations or conversion options to convert both the video and audio. It sounds like it is not converting both and just converting the video.

Check the programs configuration settings or its conversion settings and see if there is an option that allows for both audio and video to be converted into the mpeg file.

I usually use "FlaskMpeg" to convert video files into mpeg VCD compliant files. Then I use Nero Burning Rom to create the VCD disc. The FlaskMpeg program may be slow in its work but it does an excellent job and does provide choice between PAL or NTSC. The Nero Burning Rom program creates the VCD format disc with all of the proper directory entires and dat files, which the .dat files are the actual video/audio files.

Hope this helps.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

Working...