Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 03bintls
    • Oct 2006

Added subtitles to video files

I have many single file videos. I use 'VSO Divx to DVD' to convert these into DVD format, and then burn them to disc so that they can be played in all DVD players. However, a small number of my video files come with subtitles saved in a seperate .srt file. I can play the video fine in VLC and see the subtitles. But I would like to put the videos onto DVD. However, how do I go about adding the subtitles into the video file, so the subtitles can be viewed when the file is converted and put on DVD?

I hope that makes sense! I have looked everywhere on the interenet for an answer, but just can't find one!
  • xistenz
    • Aug 2006

VSO has this option. You can load both files (movie file and .srt file). Once you uploaded your movie into VSO, right click on the movie file and then click on "add subtitle".

Comment

• 03bintls
      • Oct 2006

That would be amazing is VSO did it! I've just tried but can't do what you said though...I load the video into the program and have right clicked everywhere! Clicking on the path to the video only allows me to copy, cut, paste etc the link, the preview window doesn't do anything, and right clicking the video name in the operation log doesn't bring anything up.

Maybe I am using an old version? What version do I need to allow the addition of subtitles?

Comment

• xistenz
        • Aug 2006

here
        Attached Files

Comment

• 03bintls
          • Oct 2006

Mate, thank you so much! I was running an older version of the software that didn't have this option...in fact it looked totally different!

You've sorted my problem, you're a star, thank you!!!!
          Steve

Comment

Working...