What Project Properties to use in Vegas?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alain
    • Oct 2006

What Project Properties to use in Vegas?

I am preparing video montages in Vegas 6, that will be used for 2 purposes: distribution of clips on the web (320 x 240) and distribution on DVD (720 x480). I am VERY confused about whether or not I need to create 2 distinct Vegas files, each with the Project Properties at different settings or template....OR if I can do all my work using the NTSC DV project properties and then merely export using the multimedia template (320 x240). Its really not clear to me the difference between the Project Properties and the export template used. Can someone shed some light please?

Thanks in advance,
    Alain
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

AFAIK, the project properties is created for you to store or save the relevant information (.veg extension file) about your video, audio, transitions,...so that you can open the project file to edit your project again and again without starting the project like from the beginning. It's not the final product of your movie. When you render your movie, the "Save as type" and "Template" are important and what you should pay attention to choose for your final movie. For DVD, I normally use MainConcept MPEG-2 or choose Sony or MainConcept AVC/AAC (.mp4) (320x240) for .mp4. You don't have to create 2 separate Vegas projects. Just render it into two different formats with "Render As". Good luck

Regards
    Last edited by benbryant; 31 Oct 2006, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...