X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ronaldronaldo
    • Nov 2006

Question about slow burning Nero

Hi

A couple of weeks maybe months ago my version of nero (i think it was 6(.6)) was working as i liked it.
    Than i wanted to burn something that could not be burned. I needed a dvd plugin or something else in that kind of way. i downloaded a package with plugins that were installed and everything was (still) working fine. But one thing was changed.

When you burn with nero you get a countdown and picture of the remaining time that is left for the proces. That also dit nog changed and was stiull about 7 or 8 minutes. But the thing is that Nero is only at about 15% now when the time is elapsed. It fineshes most times the job but it takes me an hour to burn or copy a dvd.
    I do nothing special. with copy, just click dvd copy and nothing more. Also Nero calculates the time as in earlier days. so it sais it wioll takes 7 or 8 minutes but it is not ready after that time.

Now i have installed nero 7.2 It said it removed first all old Nero files and than installed this version. But the problem stays. I takes an our to burn a dvd in stead of 8 minutes, 8 minutes that it still sais it will take but that is incorrect.
    Can someone give me an explanition and what to do about this. I see no difference in wuality or what so ever and do not want to have to wait for an hour when it can do the job in 8 minutes.
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

DMA checking? post the last nero log that take you hours

and welcome to the forum
    sigpic

Comment

• ronaldronaldo
      • Nov 2006

Hi thank you,

Where does DMA stands for in this relation,

it does not take hours, a regular dvd takes about one hour each time. So each time the same amount of time for the same size.

I am not burning now, so i will look tomorrow and post it if i can handle that.

Comment

• soup
        Just Trying To Help
        • Nov 2005

If needed: http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=61905.

Comment

• ronaldronaldo
          • Nov 2006

It was DMA (pio)
          Strange that Nero calculated each time the time that it would take if this setting was correct while it wasn't.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...