Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Digi_Sims
    • Nov 2006

Need Help on Streaming Video

Okay, so we have this presentation in Saturday, and I want to take videos using my video camera, at the same time the video I am taking can be seen at the computer, how can I do this?

(And I hope I am clear)
  • RFBurns
    To Infinity And Byond
    • May 2006

Howdy!

First you need a video capture card, and Microsoft Windows Media Encoder which can be found at the Microsoft website.

Just plug the camera into the video capture card and then run the WME program which will stream the video plus record it too if needed.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• mike18xx
      Toonaholic
      • Apr 2006

Originally Posted by RFBurns
      First you need a video capture card, and Microsoft Windows Media Encoder which can be found at the Microsoft website.
      He'll need those if (0) he absolutely, positively NEEDS to "simul-cast" (see end), (1) he's using a PC, (2) running Windows, (3) wants Microsoft-proprietary WMV file-output, and (4) is using the worst, lame-arse video-cam that doesn't have its own software on a CD somewhere in the packaging or downloadable off the manufacturer's website in order to make the computer do more than go "Huh?" after the thing is hooked to the its built-in USB or Firewire port.

If he absolutely, positively NEEDS to simul-cast, before spending money on a card (and then going through a ton of frustration getting it to work), he should first check to see if there's a software kludge (or even a camera setting!) which does it easier and cheaper. Or, if the vid-cam will simulcast through to TV, then hook a TV to it, not your computer -- and save yourself the cash and frustration unless you want a capture-card for other reasons, like ripping TV shows.
      Last edited by mike18xx; 3 Dec 2006, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Working...