Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • road_rascal
    • May 2005

Recording live digicam to hard drive

Some thugs in my neighborhood keep vandalizing my Christmas decorations (and the next door neighbor's). We've been hit three times now- this is during the day. Is there a simple way to use my digital video camcorder (mini DV) and my laptop to record live video to the hard drive so I might have a chance to catch the boneheads in the act? My neighbor is ready to start burying Claymores .
  • RFBurns
    To Infinity And Byond
    • May 2006

If the laptop is capable of capturing video and sports a video capturing module then its a simple matter of plugging in the camera's video out to the input on the laptop and then use the capture card's program to record the video, and audio if necessary.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• road_rascal
      • May 2005

OK. After some poking around the web I found a program call UViewIt (www dot UViewIt dot com) which does what I want. Did a trial run today when I was at work. It did a decent job, and I can see when the mailman shows up too... Now all I have to do is figure out how to do this with a wireless camera setup so I don't have to keep using my camcorder.

Comment

Working...