Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kannz
    • Dec 2006

mkv to dvd conversion ><

Sorry not sure where to put this since I'm retarded >.< well anyways I have an .MKV file that i want to convert to a dvd. I was able to convert other .MKV files to dvds with just mkvmerge and dvdsanta4 but this mkv has some weird kinda video stream cuz i get nothing but unsupported video stream from all the converters I've tried. I looked in mkvmerge and it said it used mpeg4/iso/avc for the video stream. is there any way to change it to make it to where i can convert it into a dvd or is there a way to convert it straight to a dvd as is?

thanks
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Try using virtualdub to make an AVI, then use a program like DivX2DVD.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• Kannz
      • Dec 2006

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
      Try using virtualdub to make an AVI, then use a program like DivX2DVD.
      it says cannot detect file type when i try and open the video file.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

welcome to the forum

use something like mediacoder or avi2dvd. ensure you've got a recent build of ffdshow installed

Try using virtualdub to make an AVI, then use a program like DivX2DVD
        virtualdub won't accept mkv, virtualdubmod's mkv support is dated and doesn't work at all with AVC IIRC. encoding twice just takes longer and hurts quality.
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

another option is SUPER, free, single download. will convert to mpeg-2 (dvd)
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Kannz
            • Dec 2006

Originally Posted by anonymez
            welcome to the forum

use something like mediacoder or avi2dvd. ensure you've got a recent build of ffdshow installed

virtualdub won't accept mkv, virtualdubmod's mkv support is dated and doesn't work at all with AVC IIRC. encoding twice just takes longer and hurts quality.
            i cant figure out how to use mediacoder :/ i opened the file in it and fiddle with the video thing on it and hit start but it didnt do anything is there some kind of manual or a little help thing somewhere?

Comment

• Kannz
              • Dec 2006

Originally Posted by Kannz
              i cant figure out how to use mediacoder :/ i opened the file in it and fiddle with the video thing on it and hit start but it didnt do anything is there some kind of manual or a little help thing somewhere?
              I think i figured out how to use it but when i transcoded it into avi it still said it was an mkv :/ and it still says unsupported for all my programs also one other weird thing is that it got smaller by a few megs any help at all?

Comment

Working...