Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theprowrestling
    • Sep 2006

need help is it possible to hook dvd player to vcr to use

Hi I need help I have a friend that has no dvd wire jacks on the back of the tv just the cable wire hook up and no converter box is it possilble to hook up a dvd player thru his vcr to play dvds please respond and help thanks so much theprowrestling
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

Using a vcr as the rf modulator is fine, just feed the rca output from the dvd player to the vcr input

works better if it's a newer stereo vcr from my experience

a good rf modular is preferable tho

Comment

• RFBurns
      To Infinity And Byond
      • May 2006

Chewy is correct! A VCR is a good way to have external inputs to televisions without external inputs.

I must mention one important thing. Most DVD's are encrypted with macrovision, the copy prevention signals that make the video look crummy on some tv sets. This is evident by seeing changing colors, bright to dim and pulsing brightness in the picture, and sometimes sync tearing making the picture sort of twist.

It might be even more evident when passing the DVD signal through the VCR. The VCR's AGC and APC circuits wont be able to compensate fast enough to provide a smooth clean picture. Most new VCR's have very slow responsive AGC and APC circuits to purposely follow the intent of macrovision copy guard. The RF converters in VCR's are very broadband on their video signal input, and you might experience audio buzzing during these macrovision pulse changes, and or complete loss of audio on occaision. Again most up to date VCR's do these things on purpose.

What will cure that is the Sima signal processor which can be found in my signature. Just plug it between the DVD video out and the VCR video in, and it will completely remove that macrogarbage (R) from the signal and provide you with smooth clean video! They are currently out of stock, but I think that they will have more after the first of the new year. Keep checking the link or you can contact them at their 800 number.

Last edited by RFBurns; 30 Dec 2006, 10:42 AM.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

Working...