Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kawabuggy
    • Jan 2007

Problems With Encoding/Burning Cue Files

I have been going through a series of steps in order to be able to burn music and I was wondering if anyone here had an idea as to how to shorten the process.

I download music-LEGALLY (mercuryserver.com)-in MP3 format. Once downloaded these "sets" of music are often 2 hours or more in length and I have to manipulate them in order to be able to burn them. Normally I have to cut them up into pieces that will fit onto a standard CD-R (about 80 minutes). Then once I have them at the correct length, I write a cue file so that the disc knows where the tracks are. I use a program called CDR Cue to make the Cue file. The problem that I am having is that Nero (latest version) won't burn the cue file UNLESS the music format is converted to .wav, and the 1st line in the cue file must indicate .wav as well. I have tried everything to get it to burn in MP3 format-but it won't!!!!!!

Is there something that I am missing?

This is my first post and I should extend a "Thank-you" to everyone on this site.. I was previously having problems with my computer not wanting to burn ANYTHING. After reading on this site I learned that my media (Imation CD-R discs) were USELESS! I threw away over 30 "new" discs. I bought a new spindle of Sony CD-R discs last night and the 1st one burned without problems instantly! Then the 2nd one burned successfully! Then the 3rd & 4th were duds... and the 5th one burned after re-booting the computer.. Anyway, I would have given up and not tried the new discs if it were not for this site. Thank you!
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

use nero express, tell it you want to burn an audio cd, add the mp3's to the compilation till it's almost full(leave a little room) burn at 16x, forget the cue files

Comment

• olyteddy
      • Nov 2006

Would MP3 Direct Cut be of any use to you? I use it to chop audio books and rock shows up and it does a pretty good job. Free, and iirc handles 'CUE' files.

Comment

• Kawabuggy
        • Jan 2007

I am using Nero Express. I like the CUE files because the music I listen to does not have breaks between tracks.. It is seamless, if that makes any sense. I certainly don't want to add breaks, or gaps, into music where it does not already exist. I am going to keep the cue files. If I can't burn as an MP3 with CUE files, then I will keep doing it the way I am doing it now.

I have tried breaking music up into individual tracks, and then telling Nero to burn with no gaps between tracks, but you can still hear the gap between tracks as a moment of silence, or almost like a record skipping if anyone remembers what that sounds like.. That is showing my age for sure!

Olyteddy, I use MP3 Splitter to cut up my tracks. It is very simple (much like my mind) & easy to use. I am not familiar with iirc? You mention it will burn cue files-what is it????

Comment

• olyteddy
          • Nov 2006

iirc=If I Recall Correctly (referring to using MP3 DirectCut to cut MP3 file using the CUE file)

Comment

Working...